1.    #1  
    I am finding that from the time I select "web" until the time the Treo actually connects (including a blank screen for at least 30 seconds) is unusually long, although it didn't just happen. I have tried the 650 and it seems to connect MUCH faster. I know it has a faster processor, but should the 600 take over 30 seconds before you can access the web?

Andrew
    No. Mine sometimes takes 4 seconds, which imo is too long.

Possibly your internal memory is nearly full?

N
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
  3.    #3  
    No - I've got over 7 meg available! I know this is way too long! Very frustrating.

Andrew
    It probably depends on data signal strength. When I am near a major road, it connects fast. When I am at home, it connects very slow.
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
  5.    #5  
    Thanks - but that's not it. PalmOne says it may be corrupted data, or a third-party program that interferes somehow. I hope I don't have to load everything back program by program - that would be a nightmare! Isn't there a code you can enter to see if a program is at conflict somehow? I seem to remember seeing that on one of the discussion groups.

Andrew
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    You may have some corrupted cookies. I suggest you delete your "Web Cookies" file, then soft reset. You will lose cookie info, but it may help yur connection time.
  7.    #7  
    I found out what the trouble was! I had a corrupted file in there. I manually put back each file, ascertained which one was corrupted (it wouldn't allow me to put it back) and everything is fine now! Gets on the web really fast! What a nightmare! I forgot how fast this thing really is! Thanks to everyone who weighed in.

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC
    I found out what the trouble was! I had a corrupted file in there. I manually put back each file, ascertained which one was corrupted (it wouldn't allow me to put it back) and everything is fine now! Gets on the web really fast! What a nightmare! I forgot how fast this thing really is! Thanks to everyone who weighed in.

Andrew
    Can you tell us what the specific file was?
    Thx.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  9.    #9  
    Yes - it was called "connections". Without that file, everything sails!

Andrew
    Was it "ConnectionMgr50db"? And you deleted that file?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  11.    #11  
    No - just connections!

Andrew
    No - just connections!

Andrew
    Hey Andrew, Did this fix the Yahoo! Mail problem? I'm still looking for a solution to that one...
  13.    #13  
    No it didn't fix Yahoo Mail! I wish someone could tell us what changed. It very likely happened on Yahoo's end, rather t<
    No it didn't fix Yahoo Mail! I wish someone could tell us what changed. It very likely happened on Yahoo's end, rather t<
    I e-mailed Yahoo Customer Care These days it doesn't seem they answer e-mails at all, but I guess its worth a shot.
  15.    #15  
    Definitely worth a try. This Yahoo Mail problem is getting very tired! They must have changed something.

Andrew