Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been using Lotus Organizer as my personal information manager for many years. It will not Hotsync with the 650. Lotus (IBM) does not plan to upgrade Easysinc to make it compatible with the 650 software palm garnet v.5.4.5. I tried Intellisync as well, it does not support Organizer 6.1 either. I have been using the palm software and I am not happy with it. I would prefer not to use MS Outlook, does anybody have any suggestions?
    IBM Lotus will be releasing a new version of EasySync Pro that will work with the 650. There is an internal beta available now that is being tested.
    I am in the same boat and considering the following:

http://resolution.extendedsystems.co...on/default.htm
  4.    #4  
    Jack - Thanks for the input. I spoke to the tech support people at IBM/Lotus several weeks ago and they informed me that they had no plans to upgrade Easysync because the company viewed it as a Freebee. Do you know of anybody that is using the Xtnd Connect program and what their results have been?
    Ralphie:

This is the answer I got from IBM on 02-14:

Thank you for contacting Lotus Customer Service.

We are in receipt of your e-mail requesting assistance with
    synching EasySync Pro on Treo 650.

Palm Treo 650 shipped with a new version of HotSync,
    6.01, is not compatible with EasySync Pro 4.2.2 or earlier
    releases. This issue is under investigation. There is no
    workaround currently available.

If you have any further questions, please contact the Lotus
    Customer Service Center at 1-800-GO-LOTUS (1-800-465-6887)
    between 8:00AM-6:00PM EST. A representative will be able to
    further assist you.

XtendPC was recommended to me by a Lotus Notes user on the XpertSS website. He said he used them all and finds XtendPC the best. I see it for sale on PalmOne and Handango for about $50 and some other places for the mid forties. Haven't had time to investigate return policies if it don't work.

I requested literature from Xtend and they sent me a business portfolio akin to what you would send an investor <g>.
  6.    #6  
    Jack - I went to their website as well. I think I'm going to give it a try as they indicate that they have a fairly good return policy. On the downside I made enquiry to them and never got a reply, I'm going to ty again.
    I just talked to the company for the following product http://resolution.extendedsystems.c...ion/default.htm and he told me that the new version I thinkg it is 5.2 will be compatible with Treo 650. It will be available next week.
    I contacted XtendPC folks for "information" and they mailed me a "investors brochure" <grin>.....musta cost $75 to put that pacakage together ! The program is sold on the PalmOne web sute but transaction is handled by handango. Handango says that for all software not offered as Trialware, if it don't work, they refund your money.

According to this:

version 5.2 has been out for some time:

http://resolution.extendedsystems.co...Buy+Online.htm
    http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...t%5B6%5D_title
  9.    #9  
    There maybe a solution next week from Extended Solutions. see below:

Ralph-
    Yes, we do have a product that will allow you to hotsync between the 650 and Lotus Notes. The product is XCPC 5.3 release, and it will be available for purchase through our web site next week. Thank you for your e-mail and have a good day.
    Extended Systems

I am going back and will ask them if 5.3 will work with Organizer as well.. I will let you know what I get back from them.
  10.    #10  
    The XCPC 5.3 will work with Organizer 6.1 See message from Extend below:

Ralph-
    Yes, XCPC 5.3 will also support Lotus Organizer 6.1. I am sorry about the misunderstanding. Have a great weekend.
    Extended Systems

I will let you know what happens when I buy it.

Ralph
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphwg
    The XCPC 5.3 will work with Organizer 6.1 See message from Extend below:
    Assuming it still has backward compatability with 5.x

I woulda bought it already except that I couldn't find it on the PalmOne site anymore and I was hoping to use PalmBucks for the purchase.
    Well if it ever shows up, I intend to buy it here.

http://software.palmone.com/Platform...=127&catalog=1

Disappointed though that I can't use my "Palmbucks" or "20% discount" from registration.

Interesting statement found here though:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/arti...expand%2C12060

"IBM (the parent company of Lotus) markets its own solution, EasySync Pro, which is a privately branded version of XTNDConnect PC."
    Ralphie:

You get any word from the folks at ExtendedSystems....they haven't returned any of my e-mails. The "next week" / "end of March" promises have apparently not been met.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I bought xtnd connect 5.3 today on palmone (handango). It advertised that it would work with treo 650 and lotus organizer 6. I'm totally disappointed.
    1. It was not able to sync the memos ("doesn't work on organizer").
    2. My appointments were synced, but all repeated events were splitted into single appointments. For instance my summer holidays: On my treo it's 1 untimed appointment with 27 repeats, in lotus organizer xtnd connect produces 28 single appointments, starting at 00:00. With my t3 an easysync it worked all well.
    I uninstalled xtnd connect and will try to get my money back (60).
    Quote Originally Posted by conum
    1. It was not able to sync the memos ("doesn't work on organizer").
    I have never used the memo function soi that is not a deal killer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by conum
    2. My appointments were synced, but all repeated events were splitted into single appointments. For instance my summer holidays: On my treo it's 1 untimed appointment with 27 repeats, in lotus organizer xtnd connect produces 28 single appointments, starting at 00:00. With my t3 an easysync it worked all well.
    Not sure what you mean. I assume you wake up and see that you have the day off on your Treo. This "appointment" is repeated 27 more times so if you delete 1, then the other 17 get deleted. From what you wrote, it seems that you are getting the same emssage, but if you want to delete them you gotta delete 28 things. Did I get it all ?

What happens if you make the appointments in Organizer ?
    Spoke to Lotus Customer Service today and said that EasySync 4.2.3 will be released in mid May. Of course they wouldn't tell what the new release will actually do and are suppossed to have someone call me on Monday.
  17.    #17  
    Jack - I have been on the road all day and have not had a chance to download the 5.3. From the looks of Conum's report it is just as well. I will be driving for the next two days and will try to download (maybe) on Sunday 4/3.

Ralph
    Every time I try to change the default behavior to one of the Organiser functions, the Hotsync Manager crashes on me
    If you guys get anywhere, I'm very interested!
    Quote Originally Posted by robine
    Every time I try to change the default behavior to one of the Organiser functions, the Hotsync Manager crashes on me
    If you guys get anywhere, I'm very interested!
    There's a patch on th Lotus site talking about patch to EasySyncPro making Lotus motes work with the Treo.....I didnt see anything about Lotus Organizer tho.

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/lotu...c/support.html
    There's a list of programmes that support lotus itself here:
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W....tem,CASE=7855

But none of them seem to support Lotus Organizer without the rest of the notes suite
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast