Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I've wondered about using the Mozilla suite, myself. Haven't put much effort into it but the fact that it's potentially at least a solid cross-platform PIM makes me wonder whether anyone has had success with using it with a Palm device.
    Intellisync is the only software program that I have ever returned fro my money back.

Odd that the program which PalmOne sells on the site isn't there..... XTNDConnectPC.

The new page on the Lotus site says it works with Notes but doesn't mention Organizer.
  3.    #23  
    I emailed Lotus and this is the answer I got. When I phone them I got nowhere.

Dear Ralph,

Thank you for contacting Lotus Customer Service.

We appreciate you taking the time to write us with your
    inquiry regarding the compatibility of Lotus EasySync Pro with
    Treo 650.

The version you have mentioned is not compatible with EasySync
    Pro 4.2.2. The Treo 650 cannot be synchronized with a version of
    HotSync Manager prior to 6.0 due to their new NVFS flash memory
    architecture. This is different from previous PalmOS PDAs which
    used conventional volatile RAM and HotSync Manager 4.0. Hence
    EasySync Pro 4.2.2 is compatible only with HotSync Manager 4.0.
    Hence it is not possible to sync treo 650 with Lotus Notes.

If you have any further questions, please contact the Lotus
    Customer Service Center at 1-800-GO-LOTUS (1-800-465-6887)
    between 8:00AM-6:00PM EST. A representative will be able to
    further assist you.

Thank you for visiting our site and contacting Lotus Customer
    Service.

KARIAPPA A BALLACHANDA (askIBM@vnet.ibm.com)
    Electronic Response Center

I have since emailed them again asking if they are going to uppgrade easysync so it will work with the 650
    They are idiots.

Maybe they should read their own website.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=UTF-8&lang=en

"The Tungsten T5 and the Treo 650 shipped with a new version of HotSync, 6.01, that is not compatible with EasySync Pro 4.2.2 or earlier releases. This hotfix is being provided to EasySync Pro 4.2.2 users to address the following specific problem reported by users of PalmOne's HotSync 6.01 delivered with those devices."

What I have been unable to get off the Lotus site or anyone I have talked to is:

1) whether EasySync Pro 4.2.2 supports Organizer 5/6 (lotus site indicates support for Notes / Domino but nothing else.)

2) whether there is a patch for the plain ole EasySync that comes in Lotus SS and supports Organizer.
  5.    #25  
    Hello - It has been about 2-3 months since we have had any communication on Hotsyncing to Organizer 6.1. Has anybody heard or learned anythging new?
    Intellisync works, but has a few of its own problems (I can't get it to sync certain things with the palm desktop, such as [importantly] the contact list) and it will over write the media setting thing every so often, so you have to reinstall the hotsync software. There are some other little bugs, so I'm waiting for them to stabilise it before buying it.
  8.    #28  
    Has anybody actually downloaded or bought the laplink pda sync and used it with the 650 and Organizer 6.1? If so how does it work? Thx
    Any good news about the chance to hotsync lotus organizer 6.x with our treo 650 ?
    I've bought XTDNconnectPC but i'm not satisfied with that ... random crash and not good data syncronizing.
    tia
    Adrian0
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphwg
    Has anybody actually downloaded or bought the laplink pda sync and used it with the 650 and Organizer 6.1? If so how does it work? Thx
    Have you tried that ?
    thanks
    Adrian0
  11.    #31  
    No. I tried to contact Laplink to find out if their product would work with the Treo 650 and Organizer but was not able to get in touch with anybody. I am now using Outlook as a temporary thing, but I really don't like it and would love to go back to Organizer 6.1
    Lotus Software Knowledge Base

Title:
    Organizer Will Not Synchronize With the Palm Tungsten T5 Or Treo 650 Handheld Units
    Product: Lotus SmartSuite > Lotus Organizer for Windows > Version 9.8 FP2, 9.8.1, 9.8, 9.7
    Platform: Windows
    Date: 06/06/2005
    Doc Number: 1204832

Lotus SmartSuite > Lotus EasySync for Organizer > 9.8 FP2, 9.8.1, 9.8, 9.7
    Windows

Problem
    IBM Lotus Organizer will not synchronize to a Palm Tungsten T5, a Palm Tungsten E3, or Treo 650 using EasySync for Organizer.

Content
    The Palm Tungsten T5, Palm Tungsten E3, and the Treo 650 ship with a new version of HotSync version 6.01. This newer version of HotSync is not compatible with EasySync for Organizer.

NOTE: The Tungsten T5, Tungsten E2, and Treo 650 cannot be synchronized with a version of HotSync Manager prior to 6.0, due to their new NVFS flash memory architecture. This is different from previous Palm PDAs which used conventional volatile RAM and HotSync Manager 4.0.
    ------------------------------- End Quote

In a conversation with Lotus Organizer Technical Support I was told that Intellisync will release sync ability with Organizer 6.1 and it is expected in early August.

Ted
  13.    #33  
    In an email exchange with IBM last week I was advised they are working on the patch. But, they don't have a release date yet.
    Ralph, have you been able to find a solution to sync the treo 650 with lotus notes?

Sorry, another question, do you know if I would have the same problem with easysinc if my company´s lotus version is 5.0?

Thanks for your help....

bickenpa
  15.    #35  
    I have not found a solution There are rumeors tht there will be a new EasySync released for standalone organizer. I'm note sure but I think IBM/Lotus has and easySync that works with Lotus Notes.
  16.    #36  
    I have just noticed that Intellisync nowclaims that it supports Organizer 6.1 and the 650 Has anybody out there tried it? If so what are the results?
    Lotus EasySync 4.2.3 is available now. It supports the Treo 650 (which I just bought). Unfortunately, the documentation says that this version of EasySync supports Notes R5 - R6.5. No mention of R7 is made.

Has anyone tried using 4.3.2 with Notes7 ?
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    EasySyncPro will not work with Lotus Organizer 6.1
    Jut got this e-mail from the XTND folks:

Dear Sir,

The Treo 650 has been supported from version 5.3 and up. We support syncing Lotus Organizer Contacts, Calendar and To Do sections with the retail version available from Handango. We also have a new version available on request that adds support for the Notepad section.

Respectfully,
    Don L. Waddell
    XTNDConnect PC Associate Software Engineer, QA
    iAnywhere

We are pleased to announce that Extended Systems is now part of iAnywhere, a subsidiary of Sybase.
  20.    #40  
    Jacki - Have you tried it yet? Ralph
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast