Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi,
    I had this issue last fall. At first, my Treo synced perfectly, but then I started getting the errors you described, and finally, my PC couldn't see my Treo at all (not even to give an error message).

I uninstalled/reinstalled the Palm software many times, dug through my registry a zillion times, and finally, in a last minute dramatic gesture, reinstalled Windows (not a good thing, as it takes about 20 hours to reinstall all the crap I have on here for my job).

And at the end of all that, it still did not work. I called Palm, they said it was the cable, sent me a new one (for free, and right away), and a few days later, everything worked. No problems since.

Get a new cable.

Good luck!
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    I have the same problem intermittently, bending the connector back in shape with a safety pin totaly fixes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    I have the same problem intermittently, bending the connector back in shape with a safety pin totaly fixes it.
    How so? Picture, please.
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
    For me the little connector with the paperclip in it dosent make contact untill I bend it out alittle. Then it works 100% of the time. After a month or so it gets pushed back in alittle and says "usb device not recognized", "the device has malfunctioned" blah, blah, blah...

Thanks to the tip above I just called p1 and they are mailing out a free new usb pronto. P1s hot word on this one is "If I wiggle the usb in the phone alittle it will then sync", if you dont say it they will keep trying to troubleshoot with you Im only saying this so that persons with ligitamate hardware connection problems can get help hassel free, please do not use this info so you can just get an extra free cable, please dont rip off the people that make the stuff we love 1-877-426-3777
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 03/21/2005 at 11:25 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12