Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I received the new headset yesterday and my other Treo 650 Bluetooth headset experience is limited to the retail version of the Jabra BT250.

The audio volume on the new palmOne model is weaker than on the BT250 with eargel. The new model is lighter and easier on my ear, but walking down the street, I feel as though it might fall off.

I can set the Treo 650 to pass the call to the palmOne headset and to automatically answer it immediately (it works, but it takes a few seconds to answer), and the redial feature seems to work. Neither one of these features works with the Jabra BT250.

So far, the major negative to me is the weak sound volume relative to the BT250. Perhaps the not-yet-released Jabra BT500 will be my third headset.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    This afternoon, the audio volume to the new headset seems much better, so I'm liking it a lot more.

The headset auto-answer feature is a godsend to me, but the redial feature is of little value.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaweston
    This afternoon, the audio volume to the new headset seems much better, so I'm liking it a lot more.

The headset auto-answer feature is a godsend to me, but the redial feature is of little value.
    What's different today than yesterday...regarding the volume issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzarascal

he found the volume button.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzarascal
    Not sure. I thought I had the volume set to maximum, but maybe not.

On the first call or two, there was noticeable static, so that may have affected my perception of the volume.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaweston
    I received the new headset yesterday and my other Treo 650 Bluetooth headset experience is limited to the retail version of the Jabra BT250.

The audio volume on the new palmOne model is weaker than on the BT250 with eargel. The new model is lighter and easier on my ear, but walking down the street, I feel as though it might fall off.

I can set the Treo 650 to pass the call to the palmOne headset and to automatically answer it immediately (it works, but it takes a few seconds to answer), and the redial feature seems to work. Neither one of these features works with the Jabra BT250.

So far, the major negative to me is the weak sound volume relative to the BT250. Perhaps the not-yet-released Jabra BT500 will be my third headset.
    I bought my Cingular Treo 650 Feb 4th, 2005. I had bought a Jabra BT250 bluetooth headset in 2004 and thought that it would be great to use it with my Treo 650. Unfortunately, it did not want to auto link with the Treo and had terrible sound and connection quality. I really wanted to use the Jabra BT250 because of the ergonomic quality, it fit great and was very comfortable to wear all day long. It worked great with my other cell phones, . . . what was the problem now with my Treo? After doing some reasearch, I found out that Jabra makes (2) BT250 bluetooth headset models. One specifically optimized for PalmOne's Treo 650 (part no. 3182WW) and one for all other cell phones. I bought the optimized Jabra BT250 (part no. 3182WW, made for PalmOne) at the Treocentral web site. IT WORKS GREAT . . . AUTO LINK AND ALL !!!!!! If you are going to buy a Jabra BT250 headset, don't buy it at a brick and mortar store, go online and look specifically for PalmOne's bluetooth headset PART NO. 3182WW.