1.    #1  
    I'm pretty new to Verichat and I have a question about it works. I have it set up to use SMS and I *thought* that meant I wouldn't have to have an active connection in order to IM, but I find that everytime I IM, I have an active connection (green arrows show connected to web). How can I avoid that and just use it via SMS?
    Using SMS to let people message you doesn't require a constant connection. You appear online, and can reply, when start Verichat the program, it uses the connection then.
  3.    #3  
    Whenever I look to see who is online - it connects me then, correct?

So how do I start a converstaion and talk to someone without staying "in" the application and therefore connected?

I'm sorry if these are dumb questions - I just don't get it obviously. TIA!
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    You can't. The SMS feature is only for when you're in stand-by. When you open Verichat or accept a chat invite that pops up on your 650, you activate a data connection with the Verichat server.

The mesaging software that came on the 650 will allow you to SMS to another phone without opening the data connection. And it will display like a chat session showing all the chat text as it comes in and goes out.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    You can't. The SMS feature is only for when you're in stand-by. When you open Verichat or accept a chat invite that pops up on your 650, you activate a data connection with the Verichat server.

The mesaging software that came on the 650 will allow you to SMS to another phone without opening the data connection. And it will display like a chat session showing all the chat text as it comes in and goes out.
    I have a question too.. I have used the SMS notification to stay on verichat, and then at one point I switched to the data connection to stay on and I still got text messages alerting me of contacts.. it was so annoying because I had turned it off! Is there a trick to logging OUT of the SMS mode besides setting the preferences back to "disabled" ?

Bek
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I don't know about that one and since there is no users guide for help, you"ll have to send an email to the developers. They have answered several of my questions and respond promptly. Let us know what you find out.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)