Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I'm hoping someone can help me with this...

I have a new 650 from Cingular, which I took on vacation with me. I'm posting from the treo, and I don't have a computer to re-sync with.

Basically, I seem to have "lost" Vindigo and my Calendar (default app) after a soft reset. Everything else - Contacts, memos, other apps I installed - are still here. what would cause this selective deletion, and does anyone know if I can reinstall Vindigo wirelessly?
  2. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    A soft reset should not delete any applications. Especially the calendar app since it is in ROM. Are you positive they are actually gone?

Try another soft reset.
    Did the reset some how remap your app buttons?
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    No luck with another soft reset. the app buttons are mapped correctly - it definitely brings up the calendar, and there is nothing in it. To confirm, I checked the Info screen, where it shows 0 records for calendar and for date book (there were over 5000 before they disappeared).
    So, the calendar app did not disappear - it was the data IN the calendar app that disappeared. Two different problems.

It sounds as if your calendar database went kaput. The only way to fix that is resyncing. Make sure you set PC to overwrite handleld for the next action. In the future, a backup program and an SD card will allow you to recover from that problem without a PC.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip about the card and program. I'll do that when I get home.
    If 1 or 2 records in the date book were corrupted, would that be enough to cause the treo to dump the whole database?
    Also, what could Vindigo to become corrupted and then deleted at the same time?
    I've never actually seen this happen - when there is a corrupt database it usually resets the Treo. Programs and databases don't usually "disappear", so it could be any one of a million things.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    can I restore from the card itself if I lose all of the treo's internal memory?
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18
    can I restore from the card itself if I lose all of the treo's internal memory?
    Yes. At least, you can with BackupBuddyVFS. I'm not familiar with other products, but they should work the same way.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    my vindigo disappears often (like daily) and i wind up restoring it from a backup way too often... mostly happens after a hotsync or after a reset.

-tech