1.    #1  
    Hate to disappoint you guys on the new Treo Headset but mine is going back.

It takes too long to answer after I hit the answer button. Sometimes I hit it twice due to the long delay in connection and disconnect the call. With some calls it doesn't pickup at all. I have used the sony HBH 660 and the Scala 500 with no problems so its not my phone.

The volume is not as good as the scala. Not loud enough for me in my Infinity G35 Coupe (a little noisey inside). The worst part is that the people on the other end say that it doesn't sound as good as the Scala. Very disappointed.

Back to my Scala.
    Hard to beat the scala-500 in my experience, too. I haven't tried others but I don't know how it could be any better.

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnetb

It takes too long to answer after I hit the answer button. Sometimes I hit it twice due to the long delay in connection and disconnect the call. With some calls it doesn't pickup at all. I have used the sony HBH 660 and the Scala 500 with no problems so its not my phone.

The volume is not as good as the scala. Not loud enough for me in my Infinity G35 Coupe (a little noisey inside). The worst part is that the people on the other end say that it doesn't sound as good as the Scala. Very disappointed.

Back to my Scala.
    I bought my Cingular Treo 650 Feb 4th, 2005. I had bought a Jabra BT250 bluetooth headset in 2004 and thought that it would be great to use it with my Treo 650. Unfortunately, it did not want to auto link with the Treo and had terrible sound and connection quality. I really wanted to use the Jabra BT250 because of the ergonomic quality, it fit great and was very comfortable to wear all day long. It worked great with my other cell phones, . . . what was the problem now with my Treo? After doing some reasearch, I found out that Jabra makes (2) BT250 bluetooth headset models. One specifically optimized for PalmOne's Treo 650 (part no. 3182WW) and one for all other cell phones. I bought the optimized Jabra BT250 (part no. 3182WW, made for PalmOne) at the Treocentral web site. IT WORKS GREAT . . . AUTO LINK AND ALL !!!!!! If you are going to buy a Jabra BT250 headset, don't buy it at a brick and mortar store, go online and look specifically for PalmOne's bluetooth headset PART NO. 3182WW.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by carlstuffs
    I bought my Cingular Treo 650 Feb 4th, 2005. I had bought a Jabra BT250 bluetooth headset in 2004 and thought that it would be great to use it with my Treo 650. Unfortunately, it did not want to auto link with the Treo and had terrible sound and connection quality. I really wanted to use the Jabra BT250 because of the ergonomic quality, it fit great and was very comfortable to wear all day long. It worked great with my other cell phones, . . . what was the problem now with my Treo? After doing some reasearch, I found out that Jabra makes (2) BT250 bluetooth headset models. One specifically optimized for PalmOne's Treo 650 (part no. 3182WW) and one for all other cell phones. I bought the optimized Jabra BT250 (part no. 3182WW, made for PalmOne) at the Treocentral web site. IT WORKS GREAT . . . AUTO LINK AND ALL !!!!!! If you are going to buy a Jabra BT250 headset, don't buy it at a brick and mortar store, go online and look specifically for PalmOne's bluetooth headset PART NO. 3182WW.
    The Headset that I am describing is the successor to your BT250 PalmOne OEM. This is the "new" Treo Bluetooth Headset by PalmOne:

http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...0003&cat=20023

BTW, I received the Palmone Branded headset that you described free with my Treo. It is a totally different unit. Although it works better than the new unit, it doesn't even come close to the Scala 500 or SE HBH 660.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnetb

Back to my Scala.
    Which Treo650 are you using? Sprint, Cingular, Blue, Unlocked GSM? Any patches applied?
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by seaflipper
    Which Treo650 are you using? Sprint, Cingular, Blue, Unlocked GSM? Any patches applied?
    Sprint, no patches, no shadowmite roms. The phone is about a month and a half old. No problems with the Scala 500, or the HBH 660.
    See, I have really enjoyed my Scala, but of late my colleagues are complaining of severe chopiness to the point of incoherent speech. It doesn't happen when I'm not on the headset. I've had the Scala for a month and a half.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.