Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by pwkelley7
    Thanks all, I've picked up a few ideas from everyone and have a number of things I'll try this evening. Hey, if I can get a stable situation I'll certainly post what worked!
    Good luck!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Otter Emperor, could you tell me how to become a member of the vast majority? I love the phone, my third on is on order. I just want it to actually work.
    Although it's hard AND should be unnecessary because of the cost, be patient! There are good devices out there. I am on my third and have spent countless hours searching this forum for advice, ideas and answers. I almost gave up. Now my third is running flawlessly and rarely leaves my hand. It's an amazing piece of equipment when you finally find the right one.
  3.    #43  
    I'm crushed, I called the Cingular store where I got my Treo and asked when my third Treo would arrive. They said I needed to call tech support for authorization. After Hours on hold I was told that the problem with my phone was software and permission to receive a new phone was denied.

WHAT THE F@#$@!

Well, they now own a Treo and I swithced to Verizon after 9 years with ATT.

When Verizon starts shipping the 650 I'll get one.

GEEEZE.... *****'S!!!!!
    I'm crushed, I called the Cingular store where I got my Treo and asked when my third Treo would arrive. They said I needed to call tech support for authorization. After Hours on hold I was told that the problem with my phone was software and permission to receive a new phone was denied.

WHAT THE F@#$@!

Well, they now own a Treo and I swithced to Verizon after 9 years with ATT.

When Verizon starts shipping the 650 I'll get one.

GEEEZE.... *****'S!!!!!
    I hope you didn't give up that easy. You have a one year warranty. PalmOne should be able to ship you a replacement unit with a shipping box to return the bad one. This is what I did with my T600 multiple times with no hassle at all. I think Cingular can only replace your unit once within the 30 day period. After that it's PalmOne's problem. Call PalmOne again and avoid telling them about 3rd party apps.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    I heard last month that T-Mobile has returned two Palm submissions so far.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Well I think the problem is that we all need smart phones that give us a few programs that Work. Obviously having thousands of Palm programs crashing thousands of devices are gonna scare Palm developers out and the future of independent Palm software is now crippled.

It was a nice thought, but these devices, with their short life and increasingly complex demands just need more control. I would rather get a Treo 700 that never resets with 10 key applications than a Treo 800 with 100 applications and crashes.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123