1.    #1  
    what is the best way to do this? i am trying to optimize it for pockettunes.thanks
    I convert in Sound Forge.
    don't do a straight conversion. Save the mp3 as a wav file and then convert to ogg.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
  5.    #5  
    what is sound forge? where can I find it? I tried using Ogg Drop. I cannot get it to work. i keep gettting errors
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    what is sound forge? where can I find it? I tried using Ogg Drop. I cannot get it to work. i keep gettting errors
    http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_g...=sound%20forge
    It would actually be best to go from the original to ogg instead of mp3 to ogg, but you have no choice if you only have the mp3s. Converting from mp3 to ogg will make the sound quality worse to some degree because you're going from one lossy audio compression to another.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    It would actually be best to go from the original to ogg instead of mp3 to ogg, but you have no choice if you only have the mp3s. Converting from mp3 to ogg will make the sound quality worse to some degree because you're going from one lossy audio compression to another.
    I agree, much better to go from the original source. You can do either with dBPowerAMP
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  9.    #9  
    Not really a option for me. I am trying to convert my itunes library to ogg. I hear that it is better and takes up less space. It is mostly for my treo. So i dount that i will notice the poor quality differece.

So far I have not found a solution. I am not really willing to pay for software
    Not really a option for me. I am trying to convert my itunes library to ogg. I hear that it is better and takes up less space. It is mostly for my treo. So i dount that i will notice the poor quality differece.

So far I have not found a solution. I am not really willing to pay for software
    http://www.download.com/sort/3120-20...qt=ogg&ca=2001
  11.    #11  
    i acutally have a mac. That link was for windows stuff
    i acutally have a mac. That link was for windows stuff
    Sorry..