Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I'm in the "Cheers" camp. I've had my Treo (Cingular) since April and use it all the time. My work email account is synchronized wirelessly with the company's Microsoft Exchange Server (using Versamail) and I think it's the greatest thing I've had yet. Problems? Sure, every once in a while it does something weird, but like another poster said, "It's a computer." It is SO much more useful to me than any other PDA I've had or seen yet. Being able to get work emails so easily has actually given me some more freedom rather than the other way around. When I respond, no one knows whether I'm at my desk or in the car and when I get to work, all my mail has been totally sychronized without my lifting a finger.

I have an occasional soft reset, but sometimes it has more to do with a corrupt email or something like that than the Treo itself. I haven't had any serious difficulties and those I've had are certainly a worthy trade-off for the excellent mobility and features.

That's my 2 cents' worth - good luck choosing.
    I was thinking about buying a Treo but there seemed to be far too many random problems particularly this mysterious reset issue. So for fear that I am not getting the true picture about the Treo, I would like to hear from folks who AREN'T having any problems.

If such a beast exist.
    I've had my 650 for over a month and only had it lock up once. Quick reboot fixed it.
    No problems, I love it.
    I have had mine for almost 2 months now and I have installed, uninstalled and messed with everything. I have yet had it reset on me. I am still on the AT&T Network but it's branded with the Cingular Logo on the front.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Sprint, Nov 2004, fully loaded, no problem at all.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    No problems here. The only time it soft resets is after I add a doc file to Docs to Go- it resets after the hotsync. Otherwise, it runs like a charm. Couldn't be happier (with the Treo- now as for my reception with TMo that's a different story).
    Quote Originally Posted by phoby3
    I was thinking about buying a Treo but there seemed to be far too many random problems particularly this mysterious reset issue. So for fear that I am not getting the true picture about the Treo, I would like to hear from folks who AREN'T having any problems.

If such a beast exist.
    I will say this, I've had 4 treos (actually 5, I sent one back after less than a day because I didn't like it). 4 of the 5 worked beautifully in terms of the software.

The moral of the story: There are good ones, and there are bad ones (probably the majority are fine). Try yours out for a few days just stock/bare bones. If it can survive that, you've got one of the good ones.
    Last edited by mistercoffee1; 09/30/2005 at 08:40 AM.
    No problems. Lots of applications installed.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Sprint January 2005

A couple of problems. They were self inflicted.

Cheers, Perry.
    Mine's just great. The volume is lower than I like, but that's apparently normal.

Otherwise, I can pretty much trace EVERY reset I've had to trying out new third party software. When I remove that troublesome software title, trouble goes away with it.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    starting tomorrow I won't be having any problems with the TREO 650. Because I am returning it and stick with my V710 for voice and my Cingular BBERRY for Data...
    I've merged the two similar threads on this subject together.
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    Mine's just great. The volume is lower than I like, but that's apparently normal.

Otherwise, I can pretty much trace EVERY reset I've had to trying out new third party software. When I remove that troublesome software title, trouble goes away with it.

-Warr
    What apps did you remove ? I would love to make my treo stable.
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    http://www.rgps.com
    Don't risk it. Wait for the motorola Q.
    I have zero problems, it is a perfect phone/pda
    I had trouble in the beginning. I put the new software and firmware in and now have a device that I can count on. I am very happy with it, it does more and does it better than any other.
    Unlocked -1.51---117-CNG
    Handspring Deluxe w/phone->Treo 180->Treo 650
    I was problem-free for about 4 mos. and then all of a sudden (w/o any changes in my software) it started rebooting/crashing like a mofo...I have the damn MMNotify error and I don't use VersaMail. I swear, this Palm OS thing has a mind of it's own...when it wants to be a spoiled brat, it'll act up. I've also heard some people getting constant reboots due to bad/corrupt RAM and it was only resolved by exchanged their Treo. I hope this is not my issue...since it was working very well since I got it back in February.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    well clearly if the manufacturer of this phone recognizes the problems with it, there is no way that no one has not had a problem because that is what the firmware upgrades address and with every firmware upgrade, a new problem is created. they fix one thing and break another and the only way they know something doesn't work is through forums such as this one. clearly they don't test the firmware as they should or they would just get it right before releasing it. the bottom line is that you will have a problem with this phone the question is will you be able to deal with the many that it has.
    Last edited by tonniat2000; 09/30/2005 at 04:27 PM.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast