Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    It's funny that we define old as 6 months in this context. Of course, 6 months is the half life of a PDA.
    P.S. Only self inflicted problems.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by bfriend
    I'm interested in the 650, but it seems to have an awful lot of problems. Is it a given that I'm going to have something wrong with mine? Is there anybody here that has no complaints about their 650?

Thanks
    Is there anyone that doesn't have some problems with computers and/or the various software used with it?

Anyway, the usefulness of the Treo far outweighs the minor troubles I have had.
    My Windoze toolz http://www.securitysoftware.cc
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I've had mine since March and only one issue.... the phone jack went on the fritz. I had it swapped out with a new phone in less than 6 hours, so hard to complain. Since I use the hell out of this thing, to me that still qualifies as zero problems.... I know you can argue that point, but there's no such thing as a totally flawless product. Sprint's support, combined with the excellent assistance of the ppl here (like sir p. holden), made for a very positive experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I love when these old threads get dusted off!

me too -
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    For the first few months, when every one else was complaing I had Zero (that's a 0) resets or problems. Even with the lack of memory- Only since the last firmware am i seeing problems. (it's a addon program, just haven't figure out which one yet)
    da Gimp

There is no trouble free computing device, hmmmm except for a brick ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    There is no trouble free computing device, hmmmm except for a brick ?

thus, a number of recent devices from w/ MS are trouble free?
    da Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by B-model
    thus, a number of recent devices from w/ MS are trouble free?
    Only the MS Brick.
    Trouble free is an oxymoron in the computing world. I've only been at this since 1974, but computers and FUBAR are synonymous. It's just part of the story. Don't get me wrong, things are always getting better (DOS 4.2 was actually pretty stable ) but it will never be trouble free.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Trouble free is an oxymoron in the computing world. I've only been at this since 1974, but computers and FUBAR are synonymous. It's just part of the story. Don't get me wrong, things are always getting better (DOS 4.2 was actually pretty stable ) but it will never be trouble free.
    Bring back the C prompt! I miss my DOSKEY and kewl ANSI colored C:\>
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Insert multi-tasking, introduce the ROM whack.
    I started out having problems with syncing and Outlook but I overcame them (can't rememeber the fix now but I got it in here) and now my Treo 650 is 100% trouble free. I love that thing... my entire life is in it and I depend on it daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Bring back the C prompt! I miss my DOSKEY and kewl ANSI colored C:\>
    Here, here! We don't need no stinkin' Windoze...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    My phone is off, now it's problem free, till nap time is over.
    Mine's working great! I've never had the reset loop. Once in a great while, I get a reset when browsing the web, but hardly consider it a problem since it happens so infrequently.

I will admit that I'm only using a select few third-party programs which I feel I really need, and I'm not using any email or IM programs. For third-party applications, I use Datebk5 (heavily), OliveTree Bible software, Docs to Go, Directory Assistant, Voice Dial, and of course, Butler and Volume Care.

My 650 runs like a dream!
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    Still trouble free..

Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    There are about 100 "I love the treo" threads and about 100 "I hate the treo" threads. Plus about 500 discussions about people who like the treo but have problems.

At the risk of sounding like I am lecturing you on proper forum etiquette, please read some of the threads first.

PS - I like my Treo 650 even though it is not problem-free

If you take 200 random people, you will find that about 100 people will not stand one second of getting reamed in the *** and 100 people that can tolerate some reamiung. It really depends on what you can tolerate. But the issue is that you have to "tolerate" some level of bullsh*t with this phone. And that's the real problem - about 9 out of 10 people have to tolerate at least ONE issue and that's down right unacceptable. I hate lawyers and have NEVER participated in a class action lawsuit, but let me tell you, I'm actually interested in the current lawsuit against Palm. I'm on replacement phone #5 and I would be more than grateful to get my money back instead of a replacement phone. Palm should offer this to customers instead of faulty replacement phones.
    If I recall correctly, there have been two of three poll threads on Treo 650 satisfaction. All were in the 90% range. You are going to have a hard time in court with statistics like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    If I recall correctly, there have been two of three poll threads on Treo 650 satisfaction. All were in the 90% range. You are going to have a hard time in court with statistics like that.
    But again, this compares to how many threads/posts of people dissatisfied or disgusted with the phone?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast