Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I have had lots of small issues, but being involved in this forum, I believe, has steered me clear of many of the issues. I love my 650 and have not had the reset problems. It is nothing like the experience with the dreaded "FSOD" with the samsung i330 that I had (flashing screen of death ending always in a hard reset and of course, if you weren't right next to your computer, loss of all data)

Overall have been very very happy with the phone. No regrets whatsoever.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    i'm having zero problems with my treo. but having some problems with aftermarket software i install. treo is great. software is seperate from the treo. but i'm very happy so far (1 month) except for one scratch i have on my unit.
    Not one person on this thread has a problem with low volume or hissing. All you people should go out and buy lottery tickets, because you are all lucky people.
    treo650 on cingular, added JavaVM and fileZ. I send/rec SMS, send/rec e-mail through Yahoo using Versamail. No problems with any of that, but my voice cuts out a lot when there's background noise, which I'm hoping is fixed with the next firmware.
    I have 2 Treo 650's and I have no problems on either one (at least none that weren't introduced by me not following directions/instructions). They both work flawlessly. I never had the reset issues, sound quality issues or any other issues that other people are having.

The only issue I had was with SMS, but it wasn't a Treo 650 issue it was Sprint not setting up my account right and trying to blame it on the Treo.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    No problems with mine either. Occasionally, meaning once every couple of weeks, it soft resets itself. Other than that, this thing has been a dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by bfriend
    I'm interested in the 650, but it seems to have an awful lot of problems. Is it a given that I'm going to have something wrong with mine? Is there anybody here that has no complaints about their 650?

Thanks
    No complaints here. Day 35 on my locked Cingular and the only time I had a multiple reset was when I installed a 3rd party shareware. Deleted it immediately of course.

If you ever owned a smartphone, you will expect some resets every now and then because of 3rd party software, simple ignorance on how to do things, or you simply have a defective unit in which can you can return it for a quick replacement. And, YES I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH LOW SOUND VOLUME OR HISSING!
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Yep, I've had a few problems - some resets, but no big deals.

Never had a problem with Versamail like a lot of people - I must be lucky. Sometimes I get low volume - but it's not bad. Also I get hissing ONLY when I'm at home - so maybe it's my WiFi network, or fridge, or something environmental.

If I wanted a decive that's 100% reliable all the time I'd buy something that's five years old. I like being in at the beginning, so I am prepared to take the rough with the smooth. My Treo 650 is a 'mission critical' device as far as I am concerned - I couldn't do my job without it (and my social life would be a mess as well). I'm a power user, and the 'cons' of the Treo are far outweighed by the 'pros'.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    I have had lots of small issues, but being involved in this forum, I believe, has steered me clear of many of the issues. I love my 650 and have not had the reset problems. It is nothing like the experience with the dreaded "FSOD" with the samsung i330 that I had (flashing screen of death ending always in a hard reset and of course, if you weren't right next to your computer, loss of all data)

Overall have been very very happy with the phone. No regrets whatsoever.
    Shadow:

Good to see you're still on the Treo 650 wagon. After a short hiatus (Cingular didn't have T650 when I had to switch from Sprint) I'm thrilled to be back with my old friend the Treo 650. This is still the best converged (don't like "smartphone") device out there. Too many users forget it truly is a computer fused to a cell phone, and you have to be careful about software incompatabilities.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Almost no problems since I banished VersaMail to the bowels of the Treo (about 2 days after I got it).
    There are some minor issues, but some timely backups will get around those.
    After 2 months with my 650, I'm very pleased with it. No problems at all, despite having installed a number of 3rd-party apps.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I had 1 problem, ERR AUTHENTICATION FAILED, in Versamail. With some help from these boards I got it fixed and now am trouble free.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I'm interested in the 650, but it seems to have an awful lot of problems. Is it a given that I'm going to have something wrong with mine? Is there anybody here that has no complaints about their 650?

Thanks

Please name one product in the history of mankind that had zero problem.

Nothing is perfect in this world, except my wife of course.
    I was an original Sprint Treo 650 purchaser (recieved it on the first day it was on sale) and did have several problems with it, then I took it to Sprint and they gave me a new one under the 1 year man. warranty and my new one has had no problems. (also knocking on wood)
    "Could I have been anyone other than me"
    -Dave Matthews Band"
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Zero problem here, and I have tones of apps on my Treo. (bought it in November, Sprint version)
    No problems here. And ever since I included the "Soft Reset" item in my HiLauncher menu, I don't even worry about the memory leak anymore, I just do a quick and effortless manual reset from the menu every now and then.

And I've got lots of apps, and still adding them. Once I'm all done tinkering, I'll be posting my app list and memory numbers alongside everybody elses.

I believe one of the reasons I'm in such good shape is that I've stayed completely away from Versamail and RealPlayer. A) I use Snapper and 2) I have an iPod.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    I've read the majority of the current posts and the overwhelming majority of those are by people who are having reset issues, volume issues and various other problems. I did not see anything from people who have had zero issues.
    There are several "poll" threads where those who went thru and tallied after a significant number of posts said the comments were running 80% favorable / 20 % unfavorable. Try getting a 4:1 ratio on anything with Windows on it <g>.

I have mine about a month and a half and have had narry a problem. My only issue was when Cingular turned off my data servcie. BTW, if ya read the bad SIM card thread I have one of the "bad" 64K GemPlus cards.

The manual is divided into first day / first week / first month kinda thing and if you do that, I think you can minimize all your problems. First day or 2 use it as a phone and type in numbers, if that works, move on......sync your contacts and add VoiceDial,....if ya OK after a few days , move on.

One thing I would not do is "transfer" anything from an old Palm to a new Palm. Pick up Northglides NeatFreakPak as your 1st program install (Yahoo search on "northglide promotional code" got me the code and about 1/3 off) and install programs 1 per hot sync after that and no more than 1 or 2 a day.

If anything burps use Northglide's Uninstall Manager to remove all parts of any offending programs. Keep free memory at reasonable levels using PowerRun or an equivalent to move stuff to your free 128 MB SD card.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    The only problems I have are self-created. I'm a realtor and I use SnapperMail extensively sending and receiving word and pdf files every 30 minutes. Memory is maxed and I try to run everything off the SD cards. I use MMPlayer to watch movies and Pocket Tunes to listen to MP3's. I use Zlauncher for navigating and backing up files. I can't say enough about this device! Back up you ram files and SD card regularly and you'll be in great shape. The Treo 650 is simply incredible - The best thing out. That's my PERSONAL opinion on my PERSONAL Data Assistant (PDA).
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    Hey there,
    I have had ZERO problems with the treo. I was careful to make sure I had the right sim card (#s end with an a) before I activated, I was careful to create a different user name when I synced my data - backed it up first. But no problems.
    When I first got my phone, I downloaded every free app I could find and installed it on my SD card. Needless to say, I had lots of resets. I have had zero problems since I did a hard reset and just reloaded the stuff that came with the phone (and I have recently added a few 3rd party apps). Well, I had one reset, but it didn't cause any problem. I use it more for a PDA than a phone, although I do use the phone a few times a day. I think most of the problems are software related, but I'm sure some people have gotten bad phones.

Remember, it is not uncommon to see more than 100 people reading this T650 forum at any time of day. I bet there are many happy customers for each one posting about hardware problems. As far as the 3rd party apps, all you have to do is get rid of them (it might take a hard reset), and you should be fine. I just do a backup before each new app I install, and so far so good.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast