Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    i have purchased the premium yahoo mail for the pop3 access but the versamail program in my treo 650 won't send or recieve emails, has anyone used yahoo with versamail successfully?
    See other post re: Hotmail use with Versamail (or NOT). 3rd party apps are mentioned there. I've been very pleased with SnapperMail and find they go the extra step of offering set-up support pages with a lot of details based on user feedback. I'm not familiar with the other apps mentioned in that post but a quick search of these boards for the App names should tell you all you need to know & more!
    Best of Luck.
    From the Desk Of....
    MindFull
    SF Bay~
    The Treo 650: Crisp & Clean, but the RAM is lean!
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Yahoo pop works for me also. In Versamail, if you pick Yahoo as your mail service everything is plugged in for you except your mail address and password.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I have Yahoo Plus with Versa Mail and it works well for me too. I use the Sprint PCS "myusername@sprintpcs " account with it also. Versa Mail is either a good user experience from the start or it seems there will always be problems. I guess I am not that important to feel the need to have my mail pushed to me every 30 minutes so manually getting it is fine. Only my most personal contacts use the Sprint email so when I do get mail, an audible beep, visual notification via SMS and vibrate alert lets me know. And I think that is as good as true push mail for me.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    It works fine for me with yahoo for text emails BUT when I send attachments they come through as MIME gibberish. Nobody can seem to figure it out
    I use Versamail for my Yahoo email and it works just fine. Have you checked your settings? You may have one small thing off and that could be holding you up.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    The supposed update from palm/sprint due out anytime will be updating versamail. So if your having problems and can't figure it out. Wait and see if this update fixes it. I'm hoping it improves my Versamail experience. Though it works for me. It is far from perfect.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    I'll try my yahoo account and see if it works later, earthlink and pop3 worked fine for me. you could try and set up some forwarding as a temp fix
    I never could find what settings to enter for my Yahoo Mail. Is this because I dont have Yahoo Mail Plus? If you guys could forward the info to me, I would appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treodad
    I never could find what settings to enter for my Yahoo Mail. Is this because I dont have Yahoo Mail Plus? If you guys could forward the info to me, I would appreciate it.
    pop 3 access is not free on yahoo. You will need to buy it for around $30 a year, or if you are like me and have SBC DSL, you will get pop access included for free.