View Poll Results: Which would your pick?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Treo 650 GSM

72 49.32%
  • Treo 650 CDMA

74 50.68%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by greathome
    You can get data for free and discounts for treo650.
    Hope this helps.
    Getting a Not Found message
    One advantage not mentioned here for the Sprint 650's is that the SD cards get much higher benchmark scores then the Cingular ones do. Don't know if that's changed since the ROM update.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Getting a Not Found message
    Sorry for that. Here is the link again, it should work.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...hlight=realtor
    Quote Originally Posted by greathome
    Sorry for that. Here is the link again, it should work.

[/url]
    OK, I went there, clicked on "plans" and got this:

Data Plan:

* For use with a PCS Connection Card
    * $40.00 / 20 MB
    * $60.00 / 40 MB
    * $80.00 / Unlimited use (BEST VALUE)

And I'm not a realtor so I won't get the discounts. Though, it looks like I paid less than they offer....$325 for a Cingular with 1 year contract. same $70/month family plan.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Soooo.... it looks like those are data plans for a PC card? No Sprint Treo user is paying more than $15/month for unlimited data.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    Soooo.... it looks like those are data plans for a PC card? No Sprint Treo user is paying more than $15/month for unlimited data.

I realize that is what everyone is reporting here, and that's what Sprint CSR's say. I am just wondering why both Sprint site and the referenced site list only these as available "data plans". On the Realtor 650 site, the $40/$80 are the only data plans listed. If you look on Sprint under "PDA plans", all they have is $40/$80 too.

I see a hoist of Vision plans, video, pictures and all other sorts....not sure what is what and CSR would only say to ignore the web site and take his assurance that all I would pay is $15.

Just curiosity on my part, I use a pay by the KB plan which is cheaper than both for my level of usage. Cingular's phone plan gives me 50 more minutes than Sprints for the same price and where I am most of the time Cingular's reception is better.

...of course if I start doing Bluetooth DUN that will change but doing e-mail and internet on less than a 17" screen and full size keyboard is not something I can be productive with. I can dictate over the phone to my secretary far faster than I can type with my thumbs. All I need datawise is enough for occassional weather, flight and DA info.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Sprint CDMA is cheaper and offers insurance!! $50 for a new Treo 650 if you lose, break, drop or otherwise ruin your Treo. Cant be beat!
    CDMA for Verizon coverage even though I prefer GSM technology for travel related flexibility
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123