Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Am I the only one using what I think of as a "jewel" of a program . In the "6 apps you couldn't do without" thread, I saw I was the only one who listed it so I gotta figure one of the following is true:

1. It's not that well known.
    or
    2. There's something better that everyone else uses.

Is there anything else that scans your Treo, records the version numbers on your unit and then compares that with an online database (24,029 programs tracked) so it can notify you of what software that you have on the Treo has new versions out. It can also download and install the upgrades for you.

http://trackerdog.a0soft.com/

It gets a few false positives, just about all related to the Palm supplied programs but it's pretty much on target with everything else.
    Most of us have used it, I would say many false positives, why I un-installed.
    great program
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Most of us have used it, I would say many false positives, why I un-installed.
    With the latest version (released 3 weeks ago), the only false positives I am getting are Palm stuff like:

BtManager
    BtHands Free
    Blazer
    Capture-kpct
    Memos-Pmem
    QuickTour
    PAlm PIM Support
    PP-P2P
    Phone
    SimPhone
    SimServices
    VersaMail
    VPN

and

PalmPuke
    Flight Status (vendor's fault....didn't update version entry)

Not that I know these are false positives, I wonder if there is something out there by palm with the latest numbers but they are for a different phone/PDA.

I can't imagine having to search the estimated 100 items on my 650 by visiting web sites one at a time. I charge / sync my 650 about once / twice a week and I usually find 4 or 5 updates that I grab each time.
    Do you run it natively, or does it update when hotsyncing?
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
    It uses phone's data connection
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by christine600
    Do you run it natively, or does it update when hotsyncing?

Actually since I want to make sure to get a copy of the program on my puter's downloads \ Treo directory I have been just doing that. Next time I find an update I will try it once with HotSync and once with the data conenction and compare the two.
    can someone explain to me how to do a direct download from trackerdog from the phone.
    It keeps freezing up when it gets to "Phone" in my list. Does it ever work?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    can someone explain to me how to do a direct download from trackerdog from the phone.
    I find I can "track" version numbers using the phone's data conenction but like you I can't figure out how to make TD download directly to the phone. Looking at the user's manual, it says you can set TD to download the program update automatically but "on your next HotSync" where it goes into a directory C:\TrackerDog unless you change it to something else via the HotSync manager \ Custom route.

I think it might be problematic to d/l a program update directly to the phone as the typical download is a zip with txt and pdf files as well as a prc that ya probably don't want cluttering up your plam.
    Is anybody else not able to access this website/application? I've downloaded it from palmsource site but the app fails and give an error number.

I went to the site to lookup the error and the home page fails to load, but the ip is pingable... any ideas?
    Palm V -> Pocket PC -> Treo 650 GSM
    ----------------- ^
    Slipped to the "Dark Side" for a while, But I'm back
    I just tried to access the trackerdog web page directly and got a message that said the account has suspended. I hope it is just a mix-up in billing. I really like this utility.
    Zane
    receiving the same "site suspended/contact billing dept" page when trying to access TRACKERDOG...is there a way to contact the developers ? is it possible that they are unaware of the problem ?....I agree with the other respondants...it is an indespensible program....
    Trackerdog w
    trackerdog was back "on-line" as of 10:30 PM...29 May 2005
    The tracker dog site appears to be up and running again.
    Zane
    Am really starting to get a hang of this program. I did notice there is anote pad feature where you can add your registration key numbers, passwords, etc. Though it seems like playing with fire if you use it for that purpose, because if you have to uninstall a program for a new upgrade (like some programs request) you would loose all that valuable info. For me, Splash ID is the better choice for this reason.
    ###
    now if I can only get the damned thing to work! My understanding is that it'll actually download the newer versions if you tell it to. Unfortunately, it does not appear to work that way. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. The conduit appears to be correctly setup, but it doesn't download anything other than version information no matter how I have things set.
    AH HA! Nevermind...I got it to work. I had the timing on the conduit wrong. I see that it grabs the files to your computer and leaves it to you to install. I like that even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch
    AH HA! Nevermind...I got it to work. I had the timing on the conduit wrong. I see that it grabs the files to your computer and leaves it to you to install. I like that even better.
    Do you run TD from your handheld for these updates or does it do its thing automatically when you hotsync? Just downloading and trying to setup on my Treo600.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast