1.    #1  
    I made it 3+ months, but today it went terribly wrong, the entire keypad no longer responds, none of the keyboard, talk, end or directional key bad.

The screen still works, so I can get the unit on by soft-resetting and navigating with the stylus, but I have no idea what happened.

Taking it to the Sprint store tomorrow to have it looked it. Disappointed that I'm probably going to get a refurbish.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavid
    I made it 3+ months, but today it went terribly wrong, the entire keypad no longer responds, none of the keyboard, talk, end or directional key bad.

The screen still works, so I can get the unit on by soft-resetting and navigating with the stylus, but I have no idea what happened.

Taking it to the Sprint store tomorrow to have it looked it. Disappointed that I'm probably going to get a refurbish.
    I don't know what went wrong for you, but I can tell you that I'm on my 5th Treo (long story) 3 have been warranty replacements. Not a one has been a refurb.

Bek
    Did you try a zero-out reset?

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    Did you try a zero-out reset?

Todd/Indy

Zero-out reset? Do tell!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    Zero-out reset? Do tell!
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...j(887)#zeroout
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Did you even try a standard hard reset? That would be my first action.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Take it to the sprint store, they will swap it out for a new one on the spot. Well, there is a very good chance that they will at least.

Good luck

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  8.    #8  
    Zero-out reset did not work, I got the color-bar screen. May be a problem when I can't erase all my data before handling the unit over to Sprint.

Should know in about 40 minutes what Sprints going to do for me.
    Try again--you probably hit left or right accidentally on the 5-way. It's tough to do a zero-out; you may need an assistant.

Todd/Indy
    Mine made it 2 months. Screen worked & nothing else (keypad or buttons)-real Pain. Tried 2 hard resets & after plugging it in to charge with the treo specific charger, it stopped working, so I went straight to the Sprint store.

Very disappointed by Sprint, who gave me a "reconditioned/refurbished" phone. They did try to calm me down by adding that a refurb. would be better than new...

Since it was a warranty claim and not an insurance claim, It is Sprints policy to make you wait for a refurb'd phone to arrive at the store in 3-6 business days, where you have call each day to check to see if it arrived. Then you have to pick it up. (If it's an insurance claim, then they will ship it to your house.) Just didn't make sense to me to pay for a new phone to wind up with a "used" phone. Hope this one at least is better & lasts longer...
  11.    #11  
    Well they replaced it with a brand new unit on the spot, I didnt even have to ask them to do it. Nonetheless I am very happy with Sprint right now.

I also added the $5 insurance for my Treo, it'll atleast keep me a little more relaxed with using my phone.

Thanks! Was not aware of that process.
  13. GXT
    So, did it work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    Thanks! Was not aware of that process.
    STOPPED working? When did it START working?
    Ugh... same problem here! Can't get it to do the zero reset... keep getting the rainbow instead :-(

Off to Sprint soon. Unfortunately, the store is 85 miles away.