1.    #1  
    thought I'd start a thread so we can learn from each other.

I developed 2 alarming stress cracks between home keys, screen, menu key, and screen. popped up after a few days playing games on NesEm.

Only thing I can think of is super glue, I want to stop them now. any other ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    thought I'd start a thread so we can learn from each other.

I developed 2 alarming stress cracks between home keys, screen, menu key, and screen. popped up after a few days playing games on NesEm.

Only thing I can think of is super glue, I want to stop them now. any other ideas?
    For God's sake, stop whatever it is that you're doing to cause them in the first place. lol.. I'd cry if I cracked my Treo! Could you get an insurance replacement and NOT do whatever it is you're doing now on the new one? lol..

Bek
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Hey Craigdts,
    What case are you using for your Treo? Maybe it is too tight?
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
  4.    #4  
    I'm usong the treo 650 p1 side leather case, its loose. I'm pretty sure they came from the pressure of smashing buttons playing nintendo games.

I'm not too concerned about looks (super glue however I want it to be solid. is super glue the best to use?

I don't have sprint insurance, so no replacement for me, and anyways I caused them.
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    is super glue the best to use?
    Probably not if it's near the buttons. If you get some of that stuff on under the casing, you'll give new meaning to the term "stuck buttons"!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Probably not if it's near the buttons. If you get some of that stuff on under the casing, you'll give new meaning to the term "stuck buttons"!
    what's the other meaning?
    Dutch, I was in Frisco this afternoon and saw an SUV with a dog poking its head out of the window that looked exactly like yours. I almost flagged the driver over and asked if it was you.

Oh, and by the way Craig, I DEFINITELY WOULD NOT put superglue anywhere near your keyboard. I tried to fix a game joystick once with superglue, and the result was less than pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    Dutch, I was in Frisco this afternoon and saw an SUV with a dog poking its head out of the window that looked exactly like yours. I almost flagged the driver over and asked if it was you.

Funny...I was in Frisco today in an SUV but Linus was at home.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    The BEST way to stop a crack is to stop drill it. Use a very small drill bit or dremel tool bit and drill a hole right at the end of the crack. This spreads any future forces placed on the crack area out along the perimeter of the circle and prevents the crack from continuing. Then make your repair. In thi case you are considering glue to repair with.

It is the BEST way to stop a crack, but I don't recommend it unless you know what is under the crack and have a real steady hand.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    I'm going to go ahead and say DON'T try to stop drill your stress crack. If the 650 were made of 2x4s, then I would suggest that. There's those really important magic radio transceivers under those keys somewhere.
    If the cracks aren't the result of misuse, why aren't we talking about returning the defective unit for at least a case replacement, if not a full replacement?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    If the cracks aren't the result of misuse, why aren't we talking about returning the defective unit for at least a case replacement, if not a full replacement?

That's exactly what I was wondering as I read the thread. Is pushing the buttons while you play a game considered abuse of the unit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    That's exactly what I was wondering as I read the thread. Is pushing the buttons while you play a game considered abuse of the unit?
    drilling? Super Glue? Hello? I'm with everyone else who says "RETURN IT"
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular