Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Hi Everyone,

I'm happy to finally announce the release of miniSync for the Treo 650! I know many of you have requested and even pre-ordered for your Treo 650 so I hope this will be good news to you! Thanks to all of you who've been waiting patiently for this release.

For those of you who are unaware, miniSync is a retractable sync and charge cable that provides ultimate portability and functionality. It is durable, compact, and lightweight AND it will completely replace your bulky cradle!

Check it out here: miniSync for Treo 650

Feel free to leave your comments and questions you may have, we'd love to hear from all our users!

Cheers,
    Cho
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    Hahaha im sorry txschafers beat you to it

but cool man thanks

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=77805
    haha, awesome!
    Do you know if this uses the crappy OEM Treo 650 connector that your DirectSync cable uses?

I'm not commenting on the quality of your DirectSync cable, I just recognize the connector from the picture. I have a few other cables with that same connector, which is poorly designed. I've had issues with the connector.

Your pictures of the mini-sync cable are generic and don't show the specific Treo 650 connector that is used.
    I was one of the folks that did a pre-order on the minisync with Boxwave. I paid the extra few bucks but feel it was worth it. I have had several Boxwave products and never had a problem. The quality I have experienced is worth the extra money then buying other less expensive cables.
    Why pay for the overpriced boxwave version when you can get the same thing for cheaper from Seidio or Pacific Rim Tech?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I have read a few posts on the forum with folks not happy with the quality of those other brnads. I really but the Boxwave minisync through the paces with my Tungeston T2 and then the version for my Treo 600. I travel a ton and really beat the thing up and NEVER had a problem. To me it was worth the couple of extra bucks for the hopeful guarantee that this version for my Treo 650 will work as flawlessly.

However, you are very right that the same product is available for about $4 - $6 dollars cheaper through the companies you mentioned above.
    I'll pass on buying this as the price will likely drop to half in a week if people complain..similiar to what happened with the 3 pack of screen protectors I purchased and a couple of days after they shipped he changes the price.

I agree Boxwave has every right to change the price when he feels like it but the least he could have done if he knew that the price was gonna change a few days later was throw in an extra, of the 3 I received one has a small nick in the middle that could not be removed and seems like a defect..oh well.
    If the connector that fits into the Treo 650 is the same one that is used by Seidio and others, then this cable isn't worth the extra money. Actually, it wouldn't be worth too much at all. Since the connector will fail unless you superglue it.

Still waiting for a detailed picture of it. Anyone have a picture of this cable for the Treo 650? The one of the website is a generic picture.
    Isn't the Boxwave cable 3' while the siedio one is only 2'? Maybe, for some people, that is worth the extra few dollars.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    I have been using mine for two days now and it seems to be working fine. The length is three feet which is nice. I am using it as the primary charge/sync cable at work until my cardle arrives today. Then I will just use it when traveling.

In my opinion, if you travel you need to buy one of these regardless of the brand you go with. lugging around all of the cables or a cradle is not an option.
    Why is the mini-sync for the 650 so much more than the one for the 600 (or the ones for other phones)? I like the mini-sync I had for my 600 but out of principle I'm not sure I'll get one for the 650 at that cost. Anyone used the versacharger thingie? Does it work with the Seidio or Pacific Rim retractable cables?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    Why is the mini-sync for the 650 so much more than the one for the 600 (or the ones for other phones)? I like the mini-sync I had for my 600 but out of principle I'm not sure I'll get one for the 650 at that cost. Anyone used the versacharger thingie? Does it work with the Seidio or Pacific Rim retractable cables?
    treo600guy,

The miniSync for the Treo 600 was not as expensive as the Treo 650 because the development was done from the very first Treo 90's and on. All the other Treo's after the Treo 90, including the Treo 600, used the same connector. However, PalmOne actually changed the connector on the Treo 650 which makes it different from all previous Treo's. Hence, we had to develop the miniSync to fit with this special connector because of PalmOne's design change.

I hope this clarified the price differences between the two. Feel free to PM me with any other questions.

Cheers,
    Cho
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I already have a car adapter and an AC adapter for my 270's travel sync cable. I should be able to use them with your cable, right?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I already have a car adapter and an AC adapter for my 270's travel sync cable. I should be able to use them with your cable, right?

--bump--
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emen8

--bump--

Hi emen8,

If it's a USB car and wall charger, you should be able to use them with our miniSync fine. If they are not USB units, you'll have to purchase a car and wall charger that is compatible with USB.

Cheers,
    Cho
    Has anyone tried either of these sync charge retractables being sold on eBay? Quite a bit cheaper (but I don't want to risk it if it may cause damage to my Treo 650).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...181368221&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...765048172&rd=1
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Here's an extreme close-up of the business end of BoxWave's Treo 650 MiniSync.. I'll be reviewing a whole bunch of their stuff for the next issue of the magazine.. Cho was very good to me in quickly supplying a bunch of their products.. a real class act..

I have used the MiniSync three or four times so far, and my assessment is that it is a high quality piece of gear..

Note:: this picture is guaranteed to go away at any time.. I do not have infinite storage space..

http://www.amigazone.com/images/june/minisync.jpg

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    Has anyone tried either of these sync charge retractables being sold on eBay? Quite a bit cheaper (but I don't want to risk it if it may cause damage to my Treo 650).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...181368221&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...765048172&rd=1
    The first one has a "buy it now" price of less than a dollar!? That seems pretty unbelievable.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana Nau
    The first one has a "buy it now" price of less than a dollar!? That seems pretty unbelievable.
    Ship from Hong Kong GBP 3.99 = US$7.50 give or take a cent or two..

Go ahead.. buy one from him.. let us know how things work out..

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..