1.    #1  
    I wish some application (Butler?) would add a way (LED color/flashing, an icon in the corner of the screen (a la Attention Manager)) to give a clear visual indication that the mute switch is in the off position.

I forgot to turn it back on after a meeting and missed a few important phone calls :-(

Aloke
    2day has an indicator for this. There is also a built in hardware indicator. Looking at the top of the device, if the switch is closer to the sd slot the sound is on, if it is closer to the side, the sound is off
    I am an audio person....is there anyway that I get a audio alert when the mute button is turned on.

I am just being a smartass...
  4.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    SoundOff
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-126.html?SoundOff

tested it on my treo 650 and it works perfectly fine
    The usual question : can it be run off the SD Card?

Aloke
    I doubt it. At least the part the automagically notices when you slide the switch to mute is gonna want to be in RAM...
  6.    #9  
    I tried the software but didn't quite get it ...

The "no sound" icon flashes when I slide the switch to mute, and seemingly randomly once in a while. The ideal thing would be to have a constant visual reminder (on screen or via LED).

It seemed like too much (64K) for not much. I have deleted the program, for now (depending on my brain cells to keep track of the mute switch ..)

Aloke
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Did you install the new version?
  8.    #11  
    You mean Soundoff v 3.4? Yes.

Anyway, now with 2day and ProfileCare, I'm covered.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    There is also a built in hardware indicator. . . .
    My thoughts exactly dutchtrumpet.

You can tell if its on/off by feel and by sight. So why would you need an app to tell you something you could just tell by feeling/looking at the switch instead of the screen? If you want an app that "sounds" when its on quiet mode, then you really don't want it to be quiet. Methinks that we get so app-crazed that we can tend to forget common sence.

I need an app that will tell me if the phone is in my hand or in my pocket.
    A free Nokia phone my carrier gave me has an on-screen indicator when the ringer is off. Why can't a $600 smartphone have the same? If other apps can detect the postition of the slide switch, then there's no hardware limitation. A small icon in the launcher next to the signal strength would be perfect and more phone-like.
    Quote Originally Posted by gsupp
    A free Nokia phone my carrier gave me has an on-screen indicator when the ringer is off. Why can't a $600 smartphone have the same? If other apps can detect the postition of the slide switch, then there's no hardware limitation. A small icon in the launcher next to the signal strength would be perfect and more phone-like.
    Does the free Nokia have a switch on the outside of the phone with two icons, one displaying sound on and the other displaying sound muted?
    -Cal
    I believe this CANNOT be done since the switch is just a hardware toggle switch and has no correlation with the software. That's why on the Nokia phones, or any other phone there is an indicator since the on/off is cotrolled by software.
    try profilecare it gives the LED on while on mute
    Treoing & Loving it
  14.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I believe this CANNOT be done since the switch is just a hardware toggle switch and has no correlation with the software. That's why on the Nokia phones, or any other phone there is an indicator since the on/off is cotrolled by software.
    It is not a pure hadware switch. Even with the switch on the Mute position, try using the Speakerphone. It works and can "bypass" the switch.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Not true. There are several applications that allow you to customize notification preferences based on the position of the switch.
    nevermind it's not worth arguing
    Last edited by gsupp; 05/28/2005 at 05:56 PM.
    KeyguardTime+ has a large speaker icon. Speaker when it's on and big red X over it when it's muted. Freeware.

Jon