1. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I did a search, and I don't see anyone who's reported this before.

I bought a Scala 500 and I'm extremely frustrated by it's mic. If I use the headset after not using it for a while then the mic doesn't pick up any sound from my end. I can hear the other person just fine. Sometimes after a few seconds the mic comes back to life, but by then the person's already hung up. Usually I can fix this by canceling the headset and then re-picking up the call on the headset.

I've got an RMA # from Cardo. Should I return it? Or is it another Treo quirk?
    Next thread likely to be moved (to Bluetooth forum)?

Todd/Indy
  3. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Got a replacement. It works like a charm now .. I'm happy with it. But I'm going to keep my receipt & other packaging in case I need to replace it.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    t4l, how long did it take for oyu to get the replacement? I sent my to Cardo last week due to some annoying hissing. Did you have any hissing on yours? Also, do you notice a difference in the color of the LED on your new Scala 500. I heard that people were returning theirs, originally blue LED, and getting new ones with purple LED's. I don't care as long as it works but I wonder if they tweaked the Scala 500 after all the Treo 650 complaints.
    I thought the Scala 500 was the most perfect Bt headset for the Treo 650?
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  6. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I had bought it from a retail store (J&R) and I got it exchanged there as I didn't want to wait.

No hissing on mine, most people don't know I'm on a headset. The fewer obstacles you have between the phone & headset the better it seems to be.

I have a blue led + red one for charging/pairing

It works well outdoors in the wind.