View Poll Results: Have you had a problem getting the free SD card from Palm?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • I received my free SD card in a timely manner.

148 90.80%
  • I have not ordered an SD card/not applicable to me.

8 4.91%
  • I had a similar problem not getting the SD card.

7 4.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello All,

Purchased a Treo 650 several weeks ago and immediately ran into a problem with memory capacity. Not a surprise as we knew of this model's problem with limited memory, but ordered anyway because we were told we could get a free 128 mb SD card upon request from Palm.

I have had to request an SD card twice and still have not received one after several weeks. Has this happened to anyone else? Just wondering if this is an isolated problem. Thanks.TC
    i recieved mine. give palm one a call
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I have made several calls to Palm. One rep incorrectly told me it was on back order, called back and got someone more competent. Now on third attempt.
    Mine came in under a week I think.
    Mine arrived in a couple of days.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Mine is ordered, and has shipped, just waiting on it to come in.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the responses, maybe it is an isolated problem. TC
    I waited two weeks for the first which they say was delivered by USPS but never was. And I have been waiting for a week for the second one to be delivered.
    Last edited by Aussie Joe; 03/15/2005 at 04:00 PM.
    a couple of days for me
    I've done it twice for two different treos. Each time only took a week to come.
    I tried to order it through the web site, but it wouldn't take. Called P1 and the guy completed the order quickly. It arrived a few days later.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoColo
    Thanks for the responses, maybe it is an isolated problem. TC
    24 - 2

Looks like it
    Recieved mine within 3 days of ordering.

Only problem is the card doesn't work. Neither my laptop nor my Treo will recognize the card. Should I contact palm about a replacement card (not that I don't have enough, but the thing should work).
    Quote Originally Posted by feathers
    I tried to order it through the web site, but it wouldn't take. Called P1 and the guy completed the order quickly. It arrived a few days later.
    Same thing happened to me. While the error on the website was still displayed i called the number. Lady said - no problem - she processed my order. As soon as I got off the phone I got TWO confirmation emails. One was from my website order, one was from my phone order. A few days later I received two identical packages from p1, each with an SD card.

Now I can't sleep at night.
    Zippy quick. Placed order online. Got it in 3 days. All is good.
    I posted my tale to the original sticky thread: They appeared to be randomly cancelling orders, and then leaving it up to the more frustrated users to pursue the matter.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...18&postcount=7
    3 650's and 3 cards...just a few days...ordered on-line
    albeit free is free...well for me free it i believe 15$ (Canadian) i havent ordered one nor do i plan on ordering one. I couldnt find it on their website, but im sure the SimpleTech SD cards (as it is a Value class card, not the high end one according to the picture) would have slow speeds....i dont mind going low size, but no matter what i want the fastest speed possible (even if the treo cant handle it, eg the Extreme III)
    15 days and no card yet. I e-mailed them, but got an automated response. What is the number to call?
    I got mine within 1 week of calling palmOne.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast