1.    #1  
    Brand new to the Treo. Seems like a great forum.

Just got the 650 with Cingular. Using versamail and my pop account. Everything was working fine (for 2 days) - now when I try to delete any emails, the treo resets (soft, I think). This problem occured immediatley after I installed the Tones application along with a pdf file of the NYC subway map.

Thinking one of these files may be the culprit, I deleted the Tones application. Still resets. I don't know how to delete the pdf file (since it's not showing up on my memory card) or if this is the problem.

1) how do I find/delet the pdf?
    2) Do you think this is the problem

Any advice would be greatly apprectiated.

Thanks
    I am not sure about this is a problem or not. But I can get you through the deleting process. Go to Palm Home (applications) and enable menu. Select DELETE option from the APP menu. Find and select the appropriate app which according to you makes your device reset. And ofcourse then delete it.
  3.    #3  
    I ended up on the phone with both palmone and cingular all day. Palm seemed to think that maybe there were some apps which were on my old Tungsten that were synched to the Treo and somehow corrupted the Versamal program.

Did complete hard reset, cleared my old apps out from my desktop, reininstalled, and it seems to be working.

Thanks for your help.
    There is a soft reset problem with new Treo 650's that is unrelated to deleting emails in particular but can happen at various times and it has to do with the SIM chip. If you have a Gemplus sim chip you need to go to a cingular store and have them replace it with an Axalto one. The little code number on the thing ends in G or A depending on whether it's Gemplus or Axalto. This has been acknowledged by Palm and Cingular both to me personally as a known incompatibility between Gemplus sim and Treo 650. There is another thread somewhere on treocentral about it. But remember the biggest symptom is soft resets.
    I have this problem too on a Sprint 650.

I tracked it down to one single e-mail. I had 170 messages in my inbox, and all can be deleted, moved, modified but this one. When I try and delete the e-mail, soft reset. When I try and delete the account that e-mail is in to re-create it, soft reset. I have yet to find a way around this, short of a hard reset which I would like to avoid.

Ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by silverdragon View Post
    I have this problem too on a Sprint 650.

I tracked it down to one single e-mail. I had 170 messages in my inbox, and all can be deleted, moved, modified but this one. When I try and delete the e-mail, soft reset. When I try and delete the account that e-mail is in to re-create it, soft reset. I have yet to find a way around this, short of a hard reset which I would like to avoid.

Ideas?
    Same problem here. Anyone have an answer? Thanks.
    Try searcing the palmone kb.
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...tem,CASE=36541

j...
    Thanks jkiper. I have seen that article since posting here, and it did help with the problem. However, the same thing has happened since then a couple of times. I'm getting real good at deleting corrupt databases, but I'd sure like to know what is corrupting them so I could take steps to eliminate the issue once and for all.
    Thanks again for your post.