Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I'm in the process of returning my new Treo 650 because on occasion the response time when pressing a key slows to a crawl. It doesn't matter what key it is, all the keys are affected. It seems to come out of the clear blue but only when the phone is on. It can happen with just leaving the phone on and doing nothing or when I'm in the middle of using it. When I say "slows to a crawl" I mean that if I press a key the response is 10 to 20 seconds of delay. It hasn't died but it's next to useless and only a hard reset fixes it.

I have not ever hot synced. I have no applications on it other than what the phone came with. No SD card. The only item it has is my Cingular SIM card, but it doesn't have any letters on it, just numbers.

Anyone else experience this?
    Quote Originally Posted by rowan
    I'm in the process of returning my new Treo 650 because on occasion the response time when pressing a key slows to a crawl. It doesn't matter what key it is, all the keys are affected. It seems to come out of the clear blue but only when the phone is on. It can happen with just leaving the phone on and doing nothing or when I'm in the middle of using it. When I say "slows to a crawl" I mean that if I press a key the response is 10 to 20 seconds of delay. It hasn't died but it's next to useless and only a hard reset fixes it.

I have not ever hot synced. I have no applications on it other than what the phone came with. No SD card. The only item it has is my Cingular SIM card, but it doesn't have any letters on it, just numbers.

Anyone else experience this?
    meeeeeeeeee
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    LOL...there's nothing wrong with the T650 IT'S PERFECT. palmOne keep your patches we don't need it...
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    LOL...there's nothing wrong with the T650 IT'S PERFECT. palmOne keep your patches we don't need it...
    SoufSidah.... I have NEVER said its perfect. Life ain't perfect. I knew what I was getting into but I bought the thing anyway. Just like the 600, its working out well for me. I'll wait for the patches or 6 months to get a new one.

I use the treo 7 days a week. I get over 700 emails sent to it a day. My calendar is full, I have an avg amount of contacts, and I use a variety of 3rd party software.

It resets once every 3 or 4 days right now because Snapper's database is corrupt. I have to take the time to sort thru that and reinstall while not losing old emails.

I also get a freeze about once a week.

And I think my speaker has more static than it should.

I have mentioned all these things before but I still say I like the thing. Its the best handheld I've owned. And because I say I like it people like you jump all over me. Welll Sorrrreeeeeeeeee.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

I've experienced the same but this happens after the unit does not power on with any of the hard keys and after I perform a soft reset to bring it back it will than experience this sluggishness. Let me know if you figure it out!!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    SoufSidah.... I have NEVER said its perfect.
    I never said YOU did...

I have mentioned all these things before but I still say I like the thing. Its the best handheld I've owned. And because I say I like it people like you jump all over me. Welll Sorrrreeeeeeeeee.
    FYI my 650 works well and i have NO random resets, I love the T650 but the OS is still beta and the bugs are too annoying...I'm not gonna parade around like it's the best until P1 comes out of hiding and releases a patch
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    I never said YOU did...

FYI my 650 works well and i have NO random resets, I love the T650 but the OS is still beta and the bugs are too annoying...I'm not gonna parade around like it's the best until P1 comes out of hiding and releases a patch
    And I'm not parading either. So why are you hijacking the thread with opinions about people who haven't posted on this thread????? GET OVER IT and let the thread stay on topic. The poster wants to see if anyone has the same problem so people can compare. I may be wrong but I don't think they are interested in your opinions about people who aren't on this thread.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    I've experienced the same but this happens after the unit does not power on with any of the hard keys and after I perform a soft reset to bring it back it will than experience this sluggishness. Let me know if you figure it out!!
    Interesting. Mine happened BEFORE the power on problem.

weird
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

And I'm not parading either. So why are you hijacking the thread with opinions about people who haven't posted on this thread????? GET OVER IT and let the thread stay on topic.
    I have no reason to "hijack"(whatever you mean by that) and the thread is still on topic, the topic is the same as just about all other bugs threads, problems with the OS, I'm sure this problem is related to how the T650 interfaces with the radio as most of the problems like this are... GET OVER IT

What SIM cards are you guys using? I'm trying to find a pattern here. I'm using a 32k card.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I had this occur a few times and a reset resolved it. Now, I also noticed it only happened when I was having GPRS connection issues. For about 1.5 weeks, my Treo would lose the GPRS connection and would not be able to reconnect for hours. When it did finally reconnect, I (sometimes) had this sluggishness. Ever since my GPRS connection issues have gone away (for almost a week, now) I haven't had the Treo slow down to a crawl...FWIW.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    That's why I'm wondering if it's actually a network issue.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    That's why I'm wondering if it's actually a network issue.
    I didn't have the GPRS issues you describe but had the freeze/crawl issue.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

I HAVE THE FIX!!!

WOW....

Who would've guessed?

I put my unit in the freezer for a couple of hours!
    & everything is good as new!
    Well... OK

It doesn't do anything for the unit...

but I feel much better...

It's kind of a Treo 650 punishment...

... one thing though, when I took him back out he kept asking me what the parrot and cornish game hen did wrong...

... awe c'mon, you guys remember that old joke...
    just my way of poking fun at all the treo central post authors that personify their units.
    well jeeeez.. it was funny at rehearsal...