Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, I've decided to take the plunge and add POP3 support to ChatterEmail.

I expect to have early versions with POP (but without attachment support) within a week. I will update www.chatteremail.com with details on progress.

Marc
    THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED! Who would have guessed that you would finally cave in?
    Well I use your product daily for IMAP and I love it, I'm sure others are going to be happy with the addition of POP.
    Wow.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    If it works as adverstised, hello Chatter, goodbye Snapper.
    Marc

What is your ETA for attachment support with POP?
    If you get POP working on Chatter even I may be persuaded to go with Chatter and abandon SnapperMail..

I guess my only concern is if you are a true one-man-shop.
    Individuals get sick, take vacation, change their interest, have personal situations/challenges, etc.

I'd hate to switch to an application with a dependency on one single person (having said that I have NO idea how many people are involved in neither Chatter OR Snapper ).
    Last edited by Tiffany; 03/15/2005 at 04:53 PM.
  7.    #7  
    I'm not sure about attachment support just yet (I haven't researched it enough). I should have a sans-attachment version working this week.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    If you get POP working on Chatter even I may be persuaded to go with Chatter and abandon SnapperMail..

I guess my only concern is if you are a true one-man-shop.
    Individuals get sick, take vacation, change their interest, have personal situations/challenges, etc.

I'd hate to switch to an application with a dependency on one single person (having said that I have NO idea how many people are involved in neither Chatter OR Snapper ).

Marc could go on vacation for a year and I don't think snapper would have caught up yet.
    Well, you know what I mean..regular customer support questions/issues as well as if the product will be supported long-term. The one-man-shop - regardless of how brilliant they may be - is always a worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Well, you know what I mean..regular customer support questions/issues as well as if the product will be supported long-term. The one-man-shop - regardless of how brilliant they may be - is always a worry.
    I know what you mean But you Marc's track record stands for itself.
    Sounds great Marc.

This may be a redundant question, but will we still need Fastmail?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Sounds great Marc.

This may be a redundant question, but will we still need Fastmail?
    All you'll need is a mail service that handles POP3. But you may not want to give up using IMAP for POP3. IMAP can do several things that you can't do with POP3 (e.g., true syncing with folders). Much of what makes Chatter great is because it's an IMAP client that takes advantage of all it offers.
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    but u are planning for pop3 attach support right?
  14.    #15  
    Yes, but POP3 attachment support is UGLY; I had forgotten what a crock of ^%&@! POP3 is.

Marc
    Great work! Although it seems a little twitchy, it is already more reliable than VersaMail for POP3. I could never seems to get Versamail to delete messages in my Inbox when I deleted them on my Treo. Chatter helped me clean up my inbox in five minutes!

One "bug report" though. It seems that there is still an IMAP artifact left in the account definition. There is still a "reload folders" button, and a prompt for which folder you wish to upload your sent messages to. Unless there are some POP3 implementations that use folders that I am unaware of, you may wish to hide these options.
  16.    #17  
    Thanks, Druce. I guess I missed those!

Marc
    I'd take Marc's one man shop anyday, if Versamail's infamous quality is any indication.

By: Tiffany at 03/15/2005 06:12 PM

Last edited by newtreouser; 03/18/2005 at 03:57 PM.
    Marc or anyone, I just updated to 1.0.4bRc4 and need some help. Presently I have only one mailbox setup in chatter (Fastmail accnt). I want to setup a new mailbox to get my Yahoo Pop mail. Do I start with BoŚ / New Mailbox first?
    Tiffany,

Every time I have emailed Snapper with a question, the same person emails me back, sometimes taking a day or two to respond.

Every time I have emailed Marc with a question, he emails me back within an hour or two.

I think you'll be more than pleasantly surprised with the support you get from Marc.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast