Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    newtreouser - Shoot me an email at chatteremail@imap.cc with the request for how to use POP3 service.

Marc
    Just sent the request.

Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    newtreouser - Shoot me an email at chatteremail@imap.cc with the request for how to use POP3 service.

Marc
    POP3 sucks, don't encurage them! Marc, you know better! POP3 on a treo is a WASTE. Yuck. The thought of memory being used on my treo because of pop3 people makes me feel dirty.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
  4.    #24  
    It's only costing around 10k at the moment, but I agree that POP3 is a sad thing.

Marc
    With a little help from Marc I am sending and receiving pop3 email on yahoo. It's fast!

Herels a few things that may help:

Go to console and type "pop3"

go to menu to setup your accnt

pop3 server for yahoo is: "pop.mail.yahoo.com"

do not check "use SSL" under define.

go to "other" and set up your smtp profile.

yahoo's smtp server is:

"smtp.mail.yahoo.com"

To get mail, do a QSync "menu S"
    pop is good for us that dont have an imap ability or idle command (damn imail)
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    It's only costing around 10k at the moment, but I agree that POP3 is a sad thing.

Marc
    Mark, it may be a sad thing, but when your sales of Chattermail increase drastically because of pop3 capabilities you won't be sorry. Letís face it, the masses are still using pop3. I agree that IMAP is much better but for now not as popular. BTW, if you could incorporate attachments with Docs to Go Ė now you are talking. You got my money. That is the only thing that will hold me up. Snapper is still my best solution until you can add attachments to pop3. Keep up the good work.
    hey marc..
    I've been one of the guys pushin for pop support.. I'm a very basic email user but am realizing the limitations of snapper & pop... the guys over @ treochat.com... especially paulC have been very helpful & I will be getting chatter soon when pop suported.
    my questions/problems:
    1. does sprintpcs mail server support imap & is it usable w/chatter?.. anything special needed? don't know much abot imap.
    2. I really want to use timed mail fetch (synch mail every hour.. don't have must have it now need for push mail yet)..but I use bt dun a lot & when using snapper... I loose my dun connection when snapper tries to access vision to fetch mail... will it be same for chatter? is there a way that chatter can disable its fetch/synch @ alerts if bt dun is enabled, & resume when dun turned off? even a simple hot key (hard key asigned) to toggle that feature manually would help when using bt dun.
    3. will chatter price be same w/pop support?
    TIA.. looking forward to cHatter,
    john
    If you want to take full advantage of Chatter's push email capability, I highly recommend setting up a new email accnt at www.fastmail.fm

Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    hey marc..
    I've been one of the guys pushin for pop support.. I'm a very basic email user but am realizing the limitations of snapper & pop... the guys over @ treochat.com... especially paulC have been very helpful & I will be getting chatter soon when pop suported.
    my questions/problems:
    1. does sprintpcs mail server support imap & is it usable w/chatter?.. anything special needed? don't know much abot imap.
    2. I really want to use timed mail fetch (synch mail every hour.. don't have must have it now need for push mail yet)..but I use bt dun a lot & when using snapper... I loose my dun connection when snapper tries to access vision to fetch mail... will it be same for chatter? is there a way that chatter can disable its fetch/synch @ alerts if bt dun is enabled, & resume when dun turned off? even a simple hot key (hard key asigned) to toggle that feature manually would help when using bt dun.
    3. will chatter price be same w/pop support?
    TIA.. looking forward to cHatter,
    john
    Ok, just downloaded the Beta and I'm gonna be needing some ChatterEmail 1.04 instructions for Dummies help. Cuz I don't even see an Inbox.

I have SprintPcs and Comcast.net for email so do I need Fastmail or another program to handle my emails with this Beta version? If not, could someone please "explain it to me like I'm a 4 year old" what I need to do to use Chatter. :-)

I want to try it without the Imap feature for now.

Thanks

P.S. Did not see instructions on site for new version.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  11.    #31  
    john - I answered your first two questions in an email. As for #3, I have no plans to increase the price because of POP3 support.

Marc
    thanx for email reply.. sent ya back another....
    maybe u should write imap for dummies manual...lol I need it....
    Marc, now that we are on the verge of POP, have you given any further consideration to the SD card for storage? and as far as speed, I just hit my Yahoo! folder and am impressed with the POP speed. Ben
    i just downloaded chatter to give a try figured i set it to my aol account please someone help i thought i would know all the info to put in but it is not getting any mail and i dont see an in box?
    thanks joel
    ok.. now w/help of paul coachman on treochat.com.. I now have my sprintpcs & gmail forwarded to fastmail & pushed to treo! so cool..
    have a few issues... noticing a significant battery drain now.. anything to help w/thatn?
    also r u planning on sd card support to save mail?
    will be registering chatter...awesome app!.. will just take some getting use to..
    thanx
    john
  16.    #36  
    Battery use depends on lots of factors - most important being number of online folders, number of emails, and signal quality (a poor signal makes the Treo work harder). On Sprint, you should get 12+ hours typically on a 650; on Cingular or unlocked 650, I'd say 18+ anyway (maybe more).

Marc
    I just have the standard folders.. had ver little email.. battery drain really increased since installing chatter... I have sprint 650.
    chatter is keeping my vision connection open (arrows always green) & if I try to close network data connection.. chatter reopens it... if disable connection-chatter can't synch mail right? so basically I have a nonstop connection for chatter to do its thing right? now.. for me to use bt dun I have to go into chatter to "close chatter & disconnect"... is there a hot key to toggle this? & how do u do the graffiti shortcuts like "/R"...? I was unable to figure it out & no one could tell me.
    TIA
    john
    Hi MArc,

I own Chatter Version: 1.0 rc1 and have not yet upgraded to Version: 1.0.3. But I really want the pop3 feature right away because the IMAP service is just not doing it for me. So do I download beta and install on top of old version or do I remove the old version and install beta and type in my serial# you sent me?

I am using the free fusemail service and I cannot wait around for the synching to happen as they only synch once an hour or so. I want it to be immediate, but I do not want to pay for a new IMAP account.

Is there a better way to get my emails immediately? My current email server does not have an auto forwarding feature (I use squirrelmail on my hosted dedicated server).

Thanks,
    Jose
    I followed the manual & set my mailbox to offline w/sched synchs every 30 min... seems to have helped w/batt drain... too bad I can't leave chatter connected.
    so now that I'm off line.. I can no only delete mail from treo.. will it also b deleted from server during synchs? do u plan to ad sd card support for storing mail like snapper does?.. would be great considering little precious mem on treo... would @ least like to have my "filed" folder stored on card. I also would like to see a hard button I can toggle anywhere to shutdown chatter & disconnect for when I want to use bt dun...or even mmplayer etc...
    thanx..
    john
  20.    #40  
    If you're still using 1.0, I'd suggest starting from scratch with the latest beta. Delete all of Chatter with the launcher, install the three PRC files, and rebuild your mailboxes (including POP).

Marc
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast