1.    #1  
    Well, I've decided to take the plunge and add POP3 support to ChatterEmail.

I expect to have early versions with POP (but without attachment support) within a week. I will update www.chatteremail.com with details on progress.

Marc
    yea! Then I wont have to use Versamail to check my Yahoo acct
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    I know I am going to get hit with a RTFM on this one but im going to say it anyway Is there a way to have Chatter "auto-lookup" from the contact book in fewer steps? I have to click the link to the right of the line and then hit the lookup. Any way to just default to lookup with the button as that is what I do most of the time anyway.
    TIA
  4.    #4  
    I'm going to improve this pretty soon, hoturu.

Marc
    I purchased Chatter.
    I love it.
    And you just keep making it more and more versatile and user friendly.
    At this point... I think you have put yourself far beyond any program that could be considered "competition".
    Thank you for being so responsive to your customers...

Hey... You could surely teach PalmOne a thing or two about customer service and product improvement.
    Marc - great news. I look forward to throwing Snapper on my SD and exploring your new pop functions while learning more about IMAP capabilities at the same time.
    Thx for the info about the lookup Marc. You know, at first I was thinking that Chatter really needed POP3 because I still have some accounts (yahoo) that I would like to be able to check using POP3. But, I can always use Versamail to check my POP. (I just switch it on then I nudge him with it hehe.)

No, really, since Versamail is already taking up ROM might as well use that instead of giving Chatter a larger footprint when it does not need it. So, far I am really impressed with how small Chatter is compared to Snapper. Its like less than 1/2 the size on my palm memory
    Last edited by Hotoru; 03/15/2005 at 10:53 PM. Reason: syntax
  8.    #8  
    POP won't end up using much memory at all; I'm guessing about 10-15k or so.

Marc
    Marc, quick question. If AOL is IMAP4, and I've heard it is different to other IMAP's, why? Excuse my stupid question, i'm still learning different e-mail solutions for myself.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Marc, I just bought your chatter and get hooked on it... who needs BB ?? This make my T650 a complete machine.
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
  11.    #11  
    reverend - AOL has an incomplete (and useless, IMO) implementation of IMAP; it doesn't nearly conform to the specification.

Marc
    Marc, thanks for your answer. I won't bug you with AOL questions anymore......
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter