1.    #1  
    In the past, when I needed to prepare documents on the road, I needed to visit Kinkos and rent a computer and printer. Now, I can skip Kinkos and do everything on my Treo.

I have been able to set up my Treo 650 as a complete mobile office, without spending tons of money, and without using a laptop. I can now (1) grab docs from my desktop; (2) email them to my Treo; (3) edit the docs on the Treo or create new documents from scratch, including long documents; and (4) print out final copies of the document wirelessly.

Here is my set-up:

1. For obtaining documents on the road:

--Sprint Business Connection: allows me to email documents from my desktop to the 650. (Free with my data plan)

--Win-Hand Anywhere: remote desktop app which is a backup for the Sprint BC app. (Free!)

2. For modifying E-mailed docs or drafting new docs:

--Documents to Go (Bundled free with the 650)

--Wordsmith (good alternative to Docs to Go. I am a longtime registered user of this app, so it was basically free for me on the 650)

--PalmOne Universal Wireless Keyboard: works great with the Treo 650 for pounding out longer documens via the IR port. ($47 from Amazon)

3. Printing out docs on the road:

--Printboy: has the printer drivers for printing directly from the Treo ($39 retail, plus $5 for shipping, minus $30 from Palm's referral program = $14 final price)

--Canon BJC-80 - small portable battery-powered printer with a built-in IR adaptor for wireless printing. ($30 from ebay, which included the printer, battery pack, and carrying case. I love Ebay for stuff like this)

Total extra money spent to turn $650 into my mobile office:

Keyboard: $47
    PrintBoy: 14
    Printer: 30

Total: $91

So far, the set-up is working great. I am just needing to adjust some documents/letterhead for the simple PrintBoy font capability.
    Last edited by heberman; 03/15/2005 at 01:11 PM.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Very interesting; can you elaborate on the referral program? A quick Google on this, brings up very old references. I love my Sprint Treo and also thought the Business Connection was free with my unlimited Vision service. But when I got my bill the other day, it included a $10/mth charge for the service (which was then credited by a promo for the first mth or so). Sprint plesantly discontinued the service for me - I've been very happy with their service
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami
    Very interesting; can you elaborate on the referral program? A quick Google on this, brings up very old references. I love my Sprint Treo and also thought the Business Connection was free with my unlimited Vision service. But when I got my bill the other day, it included a $10/mth charge for the service (which was then credited by a promo for the first mth or so). Sprint plesantly discontinued the service for me - I've been very happy with their service
    Here is a link to the thread about the referral program. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=%2430

But don't be confused - you can refer yourself and get credit. You don't need another person to refer you.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!