Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Anyone have any info regarding installing, running OK on a Treo 650? I imagine the maps can be run off the SD card. Any map size info, also, say for a region?
    Bonus question: Any pointers on running the .exe in Virtual PC like TomTom, to grab the requisite .prc/.pdb walkthrough?

Thanks a million.
    I got ON using some of my free Handango $$ from Sprint. It has been a let-down. The main limitation is the resolution of the maps. Looks like they were developed for a 160x160 screen. This one fact alone makes it very unusable. Otherwise, it only requires a small footprint in RAM and map-loading is pretty quick. I checked with MapTech about map resolution and they said they were "thinking about it". I'm not holding my breath.

On this note, anybody aware of any good topo map system that can incorporate GPS? Anyone try DeLorme's product?
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Major bummer. Probably best just to get a dedicated unit while outdoor anyway.
    well i have used my pocket pc with ON and i had good results- they didn't focus on the palm market because they thought it was very limited. they have a lot of pocket pc users. i currently use a different solution on my ppc for outdoor maps. but i think i would agree with maptech that a palm is not the best device for outdoor navigation... my 4 inch screen ipaq is pretty good though! i think that it would be ok for a palm to use a nonmapping or simple mapping app similar to what you'd find on a garmin etrex.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Wait, how could your 4-inch screen compare to the hi-res (well, smaller screen) of the Treo...blasphemy! In seriousness, though, have they updated this to hi res, and do they provide a non-.exe installer (on a Mac)?