1.    #1  
    I ran into a "Treo enthusiast" at a Cingular store the other day, and he was showing me some of his favorite apps. He recommended Right Back Up by Stand Alone Software, and I've been giving it a try. It chokes, reliably, on a file named "SMS Messages2." The only thing google turns up is a review that claims the developers were contacted, but nothing more. Does anyone know if there is a work around for this problem? Thanks in advance.
    Had this problem with BackupMan as well as BackupBuddyVFS. The problem is that the SMS Messages2 file is "open" while the backup is taking place. Only way I know to sort of close it is to do a soft reset. This "closes" the file and you can back up without a hitch.

On another note, I have since switched to Botzam Backup 2.12 and it has no problems backing up every file whether it is "opened" or "closed". Botzam had inside help from palmOne to make their product Treo 650 compatible as palmOne themselves license this app to sell in standalone backup cards.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    On another note, I have since switched to Botzam Backup 2.12 and it has no problems backing up every file whether it is "opened" or "closed". Botzam had inside help from palmOne to make their product Treo 650 compatible as palmOne themselves license this app to sell in standalone backup cards.
    Where do you find 2.12? Both PalmGear and the demo on Botzam's own site are 2,10.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    The website is pretty out of date. The version stated is 1.20 but if you download and install anyway, you'll see that it's version 2.12.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)