1.    #1  
    Is there any Palm software for updating HTML documents? (I could use memopad or Word to Go, I suppose.)

And is there such a thing as FTP software to then uploads these documents to my web site?

Do any of the web browsers for the Palm allow you to view the code?
    Yes there are. PHTML, Torpedo, pedit, TeXT, SiEd, etc. all edit HTML/TXT files off of the SD card.

Yes. LFtp is a free one. There are several others if you search Palmgear.

And I'm not certain about viewing the source through a Palm browser.
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks very much. Those will keep me busy this evening. <g>
    This thread is so old, but I was doing a search for Sied and came across it. Yes you can view local pages on Blazer (perhaps others). The page needs to be saved on your card in the PALM\Root directory (or any of its subdirectories). The URL needs to be

file:///PALM/Root/.....
    VSFTP+ is an excellent ftp client. It's under $15, worth every cent. You can get it here: http://www.ninelocks.com/vfsftp/vfsftp.html
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I use EZftp its free.
    <center>Ultimate portal
    www.WebOnYourCell.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoFever
    I use EZftp its free.
    I would like to, however one cannot enter numbers in the password field with the keyboard.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    No kidding. Thought I was on to something with EzFTP until I came across that major flaw. Can't even paste them in. Anyone know why this might be? Anyone try Graffiti-ing a digit in?

EDIT: You can enter a digit in the password field using Graffiti. I did it with EzFTP 4.0.2, Newpen 1.4, and Graffiti 2.
    Last edited by kvcobra; 06/09/2005 at 06:58 AM.
    I've just installed Torpedo. When I click on the icon, it soft resets the Treo 650 ...

Anyone else have it working? It's a shame, I was hoping for a decent HTML editing solution on the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    No kidding. Thought I was on to something with EzFTP until I came across that major flaw. Can't even paste them in. Anyone know why this might be? Anyone try Graffiti-ing a digit in?

EDIT: You can enter a digit in the password field using Graffiti. I did it with EzFTP 4.0.2, Newpen 1.4, and Graffiti 2.
    Thanks. I'll try Graffiti 2.
    What about an SFTP client?? I've had no luck searching for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra

Ok, I have Newpen and can grafitti numbers but then can't get back to the "ok" button? Stays stuck in the password field or below. Will not let me 5-wat down to the ok button.
    Anybody using PHTML on the 650? The program starts OK, but when I try to insert a tag it causes a soft reset(Error code -6).
    I got the following reply from Alex at Green Dragon Software:

"... I'm currently working on a rewrite of PHTML called DragonEdit. It will be much
    improved over PHTML and have no problems running on any new devices."
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Ok, I have Newpen and can grafitti numbers but then can't get back to the "ok" button? Stays stuck in the password field or below. Will not let me 5-wat down to the ok button.
    Hmm... I haven't tried using the 5-way with Newpen activated. I just tapped OK with the stylus and that worked fine.

Might be pointless anyway. I was able to enter digits, but my FTP server rejected my login for invalid password. I wrote the author (Gilles Fabre), and he said it worked fine for him on a 650 using Graffiti Anywhere instead of Newpen. Tried GA, but same result.

I just uninstalled EzFTP and am trying out VFSFTP+. So far, so good. It's a shame; I liked EzFTP's interface and Gilles was very responsive, but I just couldn't get it to work.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    OK, EzFTP's author gave me a simpler workaround for the numeric password problem. Just hold down the Option key (instead of press-and-release) while pressing whichever number(s) you want. It'll pick up the digit instead of the alpha that way.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster