Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. Coscto Sunnyvale, CA has them in stock! Must be new because they weren' t here Tuesday. I'm having to pay full price (Almost $90) but I don't care, it's still the best price and near what it cost w/ shipping.
    I'm stoked, in the Costco line right now.

Update: Well I got really lucky. The cashier had a photo copy of the $18 coupon at the register and was able to use it. So I paid $80 after tax.
    Last edited by taylorh; 03/18/2005 at 04:36 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Had a pqi 1gb sd card $55, worked fine, but songs skipped when played through real.

just bought Scan Disk Ultra II 1gb at costco, the songs play great, no skips.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by furyion5
    Had a pqi 1gb sd card $55, worked fine, but songs skipped when played through real.

just bought Scan Disk Ultra II 1gb at costco, the songs play great, no skips.

thanks
    That's most likely because the pqi is a standard/slow speed SD card and trying to read the MP3s from the card couldn't be done fast enough, thus the skip. But I'm sure you already knew that.
    I learned the hard way as well, had a Kingston SD and it was dog slow. Got a Sandisk 512 Ultra II and loved the speed, Costco had been selling that for about $60. I've been keeping an eye on the 1GB version to go below $90 and/or Costco to start selling them and it finally happened.

Now that I've figured out how to convert/compress/play videos on the Treo my memory requirements just increased.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    They are back in stock again.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    taylorh,

I'm in Sunnyvale too! Wanna speculate when Costco gets the 2GB ultra II SD cards? I'm holding off for that one, if I can stand it!
    (sorry accidental double post)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    taylorh,

I'm in Sunnyvale too! Wanna speculate when Costco gets the 2GB ultra II SD cards? I'm holding off for that one, if I can stand it!
    Well they've been carrying 1GB for a while, but not the Ultra II. Since they JUST got the Ultra II 1GB, I think it'll be some time before we see the 2GB ultra II there. I think the reason the 1GB are hitting costco is simply a shift in the mass market from 512 sales to 1GB sales. 2GB is still considered a premium at this point and not really a mass discount warehouse product yet. I think Sandisk will try to milk the profit margin out of this premium product for a while before dumping it on Costco.

The 512k UltraII hit costco in December, that was 4 months ago.

So to answer your question, I don't think the 2GB Ultra will show up at Costco for 6 months at least, maybe even not until Christmas, but what do I know?

Oh yeah, here's the link to the 1GB, which is back:
    http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...pnav=&cat=&s=1
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    I used to be a member of Costco via a former employer (free membership!) but I no longer have an account. Can anyone order online from costco.com?
    ###
    No, pretty sure you need to have your membership # to create an online account.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  10.    #30  
    I believe anyone can order at costco.com, but non-members pay a 5 percent surcharge.
    Sorry, your right.
    Copied from their website:
    Shoppers that are not Costco Wholesale members will be charged a 5% surcharge over the member's posted product prices.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Sorry if this is posted duplicate (or triplicate, I keep hitting the wrong key).

I picked up the card at Costco today. Found the coupon in the cart, today was the last day it was valid. It came out to be $72 or so.

But now the damn thing doesn't work. I keep trying to copy stuff to it, reformat it, etc., but get errors (path too deep?, unable to format, etc.). Should I use my camera, my treo, or reader to format it? Is the card just bad?

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Sounds like you might of got a dud. Just making sure, the slider isn't set on "lock" is it?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1
    Sorry if this is posted duplicate (or triplicate, I keep hitting the wrong key).

I picked up the card at Costco today. Found the coupon in the cart, today was the last day it was valid. It came out to be $72 or so.

But now the damn thing doesn't work. I keep trying to copy stuff to it, reformat it, etc., but get errors (path too deep?, unable to format, etc.). Should I use my camera, my treo, or reader to format it? Is the card just bad?

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions.
    i had to retun mine because it died after a few hours of use. sounds like you may have a defective card as well.
    Hi,
    I tried playing with the lock/unlock tab - that wasn't the problem ;->

When I put it in my camera, I see a picture of a parrot for a second? The camera menu does not give me the option to format it - it is greyed out. My treo thinks it can format it, but I can't seem to copy files from my PC to the card (using a card-reader). Hmm.

If it is a dud, how do I return it to Costco? Do I need anything other than the receipt?

Thanks!
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    No, just your receipt. Costco will never give you any grief with returns.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I hate to say this, but this card isn't all that fast. I have the Sandisk Ultra II 512MB and just got this 1GB version. The 1GB is about 30% slower.

512MB avg VSMark is 600
    1GB avg VSMark is 400

Carsspeed test:
    512MB avg is about 220, 270000, 2621440 (wrt32bit, wrt8bit, Read8KB)
    1GB avgs is about 131, 397000, 2621440

On VSMark, the read tests aren't as much slower as the file create & write tests.

Well, that said, I'm happy to have the 1GB now. But I really do notice the speed difference on writing. Reading doesn't seem much slower.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12