1.    #1  
    After my trial expired, I removed BackupBuddy, but now I get an error every time I boot my computer, regarding the hotsync conduit ("The Notifier File:C:\...BackupBuddy.dll was not found"). Not sure if initial cause of error, was I installed BackupBuddy in a different "Programs" directory from the Palm software.

Support from BlueNomad (BackupBuddy) has been pathetic. They said I have to re-install the Palm desktop software to remove the error. After I politely replyed I don't want to re-install, because I have installed other programs (KeySuite - great program) that affect the Palm conduit, they said I should just re-install those again. So...I re-installed Palm software, no change. I re-installed and uninstalled Backupbuddy in the same "programs" directory as the Palm software, hoping that would remove the error; now I get two errors.

I Tried Conduit Buddy, but it does not show the problem conduits; so there's no way to delete/fix them.

Running out of ideas and BackupBuddy support is like non-existant (waiting for the e-mail that suggests I re-format my hard drive - Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

I was a Long-time huge fan of Backup Buddy - Used for several years with Sony Clie. Was excited to see if Backup Buddy-Windows would in fact backup "everything" as they claim. Perhaps it does, nice interface, but it would crash more frequently on VFS restore than tealbackup. I'm also not crazy about now having to buy two programs, rather than one (the Window version only includes a lite version of VFS, used to include full version).
    Last edited by KevMiami; 03/15/2005 at 10:27 AM.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    http://www.livepim.com/condbudy/

They have a trial version. Maybe it'll suffice to fix your problem ...

It's a pity that Palm does not include such basic functionality (like cleaning up their hotlink conduits) with their Desktop/Hotlink software ...

Aloke
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami
    After my trial expired, I removed BackupBuddy, but now I get an error every time I boot my computer, regarding the hotsync conduit ("The Notifier File:C:\...BackupBuddy.dll was not found"). Not sure if initial cause of error, was I installed BackupBuddy in a different "Programs" directory from the Palm software.

Support from BlueNomad (BackupBuddy) has been pathetic. They said I have to re-install the Palm desktop software to remove the error. After I politely replyed I don't want to re-install, because I have installed other programs (KeySuite - great program) that affect the Palm conduit, they said I should just re-install those again. So...I re-installed Palm software, no change. I re-installed and uninstalled Backupbuddy in the same "programs" directory as the Palm software, hoping that would remove the error; now I get two errors. Tried ConduitBuddy, but it does not show the problem conduits.

Running out of ideas and BackupBuddy support is like non-existant (waiting for the e-mail that suggests I re-format my hard drive - Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

I was a Long-time huge fan of Backup Buddy - Used for several years with Sony Clie. Was excited to see if Backup Buddy-Windows would in fact backup "everything" as they claim. Perhaps it does, nice interface, but it would crash more frequently on VFS restore than tealbackup. I'm also not crazy about now having to buy two programs, rather than one (the Window version only includes a lite version of VFS, used to include full version).
    KevMiami, as I had told you on my threadTealBackup vs BackupBuddy :
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&page=2&pp=20

Try conduit buddy to remove that pesky conduit. It will hopefully fix your problem. Let me know if it works. See the link below:
    http://www.livepim.com/condbudy/
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for suggestion; I tried it, but it does not display the problem conduits, so I can't select them for deletion.

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami
    Thanks for suggestion; I tried it, but it does not display the problem conduits, so I can't select them for deletion.
    Email their support. They must have had others with the same problem. It's worth a shot. They were very quick to respond to me when I had an Intellisync problem.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot, most companies aren't too keen on supporting Trial software, but it never hurts to try - I e-mailed Conduit Buddy support - We'll see.
    Last edited by KevMiami; 03/15/2005 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Can't type

Kev, I recently (a few weeks ago) tried backup buddy (desktop) and expereinced the same issue that you now have. As soon as I uninstalled backup buddy (properly using the uninstall option), I would get that same message (that you mentioned) at start up. Reinstalling and then uninstalling backupbuddy had no effect.

However, In my case when I contacted backup buddy support, they were helpful in that they offered to give me a free license for backup buddy. In a way that solved the issue, I guess if I have to keep backup buddy installed to avoid that message on start up, I might as well have in working. If you come to any resolution with this issue, I would also like to know about it.
  8.    #8  
    I heard back from BlueNomad; they said "there was a problem with the installer for the upgrade." They gave the following directions to edit the registry (don't try this at home kids), but it looks to me that it would only work if the program is still installed, which it is not (duh, I removed it, because it didn't work!!).

You can use Regedit in Windows to change the notifier path and or backup conduit path..

Go to the start menu/run and enter "regedit" and then
    expand the HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/U.S. Robotics/Pilot Desktop/
    folders and then click on the HotSync Manager folder to select it.
    You should see a list of keys and notifiers etc in the right of the registry editor. You can right click on one of the notifier files and modify the path to your BackupBuddy.dll if you see the path is wrong. Do the same to your BackupConduit key if the path is incorrect.

It was a nice gesture on their part to give me a free key - great, a free key to a program that doesn't work for the 650 (ok, I am a little frustrated with poor support at this point; if/when they get it working, this is a great program). But Tealbackup is a very good program right now - saving my bacon every couple of days; it seems to restore nearly everything after a hard-reset, where hotsync doesn't always bring back the software registration keys - not sure why (any thoughts?).

I've been suffering from this annoying message for a while, when I stumbled on this thread. I tried the advice:

> You can use Regedit in Windows to change the notifier path and or backup
    > conduit path..
    >
    > Go to the start menu/run and enter "regedit" and then
    > expand the HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/U.S. Robotics/Pilot Desktop/
    > folders and then click on the HotSync Manager folder to select it.
    > You should see a list of keys and notifiers etc in the right of the registry
    > editor. You can right click on one of the notifier files and modify the path
    > to your BackupBuddy.dll if you see the path is wrong. Do the same to your
    > BackupConduit key if the path is incorrect.

But couldn't find backupbuddy.dll among the keys. Is it possibly located somewhere else?
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680