1.    #1  
    I was under the assumption that since I'm a SPCS customer, that any really major updates and capabilities would have to come through them. In fact, on this forum there were stories about Sprint making a "we WILL allow DUN soon" statements. Last week TC had the story about SPCS releasing an update that will correct some of the known problems.

BUT - according to SPCS this morning, they know of no update in the works, and they said "besides, this won't come from us, it will come from P1." This person said that they don't support any of the updates, that P1 does all of them.

So I ask -- who supports a software update for me? I see some of the newer devices coming out with more recent versions of software (1.06, etc.), and I'm stuck with a mediocre 1.03. WHO WILL RELEASE THE UPDATE - and when?

Thoughts?
    KitMoni
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    First of all, comparing version #'s to other carriers might not be fair. GSM might use something different than CDMA..etc..

Anyway... I would assume it will happen the same way as on the 600... sprint will notify you of a new firmware and how to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kitmoni
    Last week TC had the story about SPCS releasing an update
    Remember, as the article states, that's "according to unconfirmed sources".

BUT - according to SPCS this morning, they know of no update in the works
    And this surprises you how? There aren't many companies that will discuss these types of things before they occur. And if you were talking to SPCS Customer Care, well, enough said.

"besides, this won't come from us, it will come from P1."
    Likely correct in that P1 will produce the update since it's their OS.

So I ask -- who supports a software update for me?
    Actually, I think it's both P1 and SPCS. I see the update being announced and hosted initially by Sprint and then also becoming available from P1's support site.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Who supports me, SPCS or P1 ????
    Neither, they both point fingers at the either and say, "it's the other one's fault". You're on your own.

</cynic>
    SPCS
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWowe
    Neither, they both point fingers at the either and say, "it's the other one's fault". You're on your own.

</cynic>
    Sure feels like you're more right than wrong. I'm not sure how long I can swim against the tide with some of these quality issues. My organization has passed on Business Connection (security) and has re-committed to BES. I can't get BT quality stable, BC has no signature capability (wierd!), and the Palm platform has been far less stable that our Bbs. Having the much larger add-on software base is nice, but not necessarily functional for us.

Sounds like I'm getting cynical too...
    KitMoni