1.    #1  
    I have three accounts I wish to use -- two Gmail accounts and the Sprint PCS. One GMail accounts works fine. The other one downloads mail, but gives me "555 5.5.4 Syntax error" whenever I try to send from it, although the outgoing settings are EXACTLY the same save for username & pw. And the Sprint yields "-ERR Authentication failed" when I try to fetch mail.

I've seen mention of files to delete that might help my chances but I can't seem to track this down. I'd really rather not have to spend $25-60 (and more time configuring something else) but I suppose I might have no choice but to try Snappermail. But has anyone got any suggestions?
    Search the palmone support website, they have step by step directions on which files to delete. Download file utility Filez for free directly to your phone at Handango.com or mytreo.net first. I save a list of the files to delete from Versamail in my memos on treo so I can do it on the go if need be. Also, search the threads in rhis forum and you can find the file list. if I get a chance I'll post em here later.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks -- a Sprint tech helped me set up that account (you have to call to set the pw). Am going to try just deleting the Google account and re-setting it up again.