1.    #1  
    I've been using POP protocol for my personal e-mail for years.
    However, I recently started a small business and (unfortunately) have domain hosting and e-mail services from Webhost4Life.Com. Now that I have seen the light, when my hosting renewal is up, I would like to switch to a service provider that offers IMAP because I travel frequently and access my emails either on desktop, notebook and now Treo.

Can you recommend an inexpensive and efficient IMAP service provider?

Thanx
    IMHO FastMail.fm
    I use mail street to funnel all of my email. it is an exchange host provider but they also host on the same account a imap and pop email server and you can forward all your email to them them and setup rules to have it moved to a folder baised on who it was to.

www.mailstreet.com
    A vote here for Fusemail...
    Go with fastmail or fusemail - either one is very good
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for all your suggestions!
    I will check out these providers...
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    The recommendations so far have been for IMAP email hosting. If you're looking for a complete web-site solution with IMAP email, I think 1and1.com offers such a package.
    Is there such a thing as an IMAP service where I can upload email that I already have in Outlook (that was downloaded from a POP server)?
    Fusemail.
    Never tried Fastmail.
    Do you have to forward to Fastmail?
    I like Fusemail because it retrieves my mail on its own. So if you have an account that you cannot forward (hotmail or msn), Fusemail will go and get it.
  10.    #10  
    jg, good point: I will probably want the whole hosting package including ability to setup ftp. I checked out 1and1: they look impressive.
  11.    #11  
    I have a couple of hosts with tekmage.com.

Tom
    For the folks using FuseMail. I'm very impressed by their offerings so far. Are there any disadvantages you would like to mention, so I'm a bit prepared upfront? I might want to take the plunge for their Group Service (1250 MB package), but need to know any stepbacks. Not matter how little, I'd like to hear about it. Thanks.
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl