Hey Who uses MMplayer on their Pda's and other handheld OS?

I use it on my Palm Treo 600 and my audio dosen't work...Does anybody know how to get the audio to work? I'm so pissed, the tech guys at MMplayer takes forever to answer questions....Please help.....
  2. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    What kind of file(s) are you trying to play? Does the audio work at all or just for particular file type(s)? MMPlayer can handle many types of media files but not all of them. I assume you did the obvious like checking that the mute button is off. If all else fails - try reinstalling MMPlayer on your device.

Also, you might want to tone down your questions if you want help. You come off as angry and your question lacks detail. That might explain why no one is trying to help you out.

I have e-mailed MMPlayer technical support several times and received detailed responses.
    I have used MMPlayer for playing audio (and some video). I haven't had trouble getting output, but the clarity was lacking. Ptunes was much better for audio, in my humble opinion.

I have also never been able to get streaming audio to work with mmplayer. It works just dandy with ptunes. (And when I asked... nicely... about streaming audio, I never got a response either.)
    I have re installed mmplayer (version 2.14) several times and the audio still won't play but Mp3 music audio works fine. . The video audio format that i have been trying to play is .avi file. I'm sure MMplayer supports avi rite? What file type do you use to play with MMplayer?

Oh does it matter if i load the file on my sdcard or should I hot sync the video file to my phone?

I'm just frustrated cuz im so excited to use mmplayer, and ive been trying to get help long enuf before i started posting here.

Thanks everyone for helping
    AVI can have different audio compression schemes. Check the different info posted here and at MMPlayer site. All AVI filesare not the same.
    When i check the properties of my videofile on my sd card on the computer, it says the audio format is GSM 6.10..I dont know how it converted to this...
    Ok now it works with other video audio format however there is a Performance warning ' The video bitrate is too high and this device cant decode it in real time. Please re-encode te video with a lower bitrate.' How do i and where do i encode videos?
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MKIV
    Ok now it works with other video audio format however there is a Performance warning ' The video bitrate is too high and this device cant decode it in real time. Please re-encode te video with a lower bitrate.' How do i and where do i encode videos?
    Look at the section entitled "Encoding" on the MMPlayer website, and also in the MMPlayer forums. There are links to a few nice "one-click" re-encoding apps for Windows.

Suggestions for T600 playback:
    20 frames per second or less
    160x120 resolution
    (With the above two restrictions, you will not get the performance warning at any bitrate... Or at least not any sane bitrate for such a low resolution. But any bitrate over 200-300 kbit/s will be wasted due to the Treo's 4096-color screen.)
    Audio: MP3, any bitrate/sampling rate seems fine. I use 32 kHz 48 kbps mono, MMPlayer *****es about the sampling rate being nonstandard and unplayable on some devices, but the T600 has no troubles with that sampling rate.