1.    #1  
    I've purchased some music from iTunes on my mac and would like to listen to it on the Treo 650. Only problem is the MPEG4 format can't be seen by the Treo. Any ideas?
    Burn to an audio CD then reimport in MP3 format. Will get rid of the FairPlay stuff too.
    Get Kinoma player. It plays MPEG4 and AAC files.
    you can also convert itunes mpeg4s to mp3 right in itunes, you dont have to copy to cd...there are instructions in the online help menu
    Ok so I think its only time till mac comes out with a pocket pc and palm version of itunes unless they are going to make a allinone for the ipod ie a phone pda and mp3 player in one that would be great
    Music purchased off of iTunes is DRM protected so you can't just play it in Kinoma. Burning to CD and then ripping to MP3 would work but you'll lose some quality and waste a CD. I would suggest you get Hymn at http://hymn-project.org/. It will allow you to remove the DRM off of music you have purchased. You can keep it in the AAC format or Hymn can reencode the files to MP3.
    Quote Originally Posted by wcadrin
    Music purchased off of iTunes is DRM protected so you can't just play it in Kinoma. Burning to CD and then ripping to MP3 would work but you'll lose some quality and waste a CD. I would suggest you get Hymn at http://hymn-project.org/. It will allow you to remove the DRM off of music you have purchased. You can keep it in the AAC format or Hymn can reencode the files to MP3.
    wcadrin, thanks for this tip. Being an iTunes novice, I could not figure out how to play these songs on my T650 but Hymn is really easy to use and now I'm listening to Jack Johnson...
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the tip. Hymn worked like a charm!
    I don't think hymn works anymore if you have the latest version of iTunes. If it works, DON'T upgrade ITunes to the latest version until hymn is updated (if it ever can/will be)
    JHymn was released last month long after iTunes 4....so it must be intended to work with iTunes 4.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)