1.    #1  
    Anyone have the steps?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Anyone have the steps?
    I think, you first have to install a Java VM for PalmOS.
    Go, check the PalmOne support page for T650. There is a Java VM announcement on that page.
  3.    #3  
    I have Java....I just don't know how to convert a .JAR file to PRC.
    If I recall, there should be a jad2prc.exe that you can use to convert .jar/.jad files to .prc.
    Maybe you can run the jar file directly from the SD card ?

btw, which java vm are you using ?
  6.    #6  
    How can I tell? I just downloaded it this month from PalmOne.

Normally you just download the jar directly from the treo using the MidletHQ app that comes with the java pluggin. The jartoprc.exe file referred to above is only available in the developers bundle that you download from palmone. All jar/jad files types should automatically be registered to the java plugin, so they should auotmatically be recognized if you download via blazer etc. ilkeraktuna had a good suggestion if you already have the jar on your computer. Simply copy the jar to the SD card and then open it via blazer using file:\\\ pathway. You should be able to open the jar file that way...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    "Simply copy the jar to the SD card and then open it via blazer using file:\\\ pathway. You should be able to open the jar file that way..."

And how does one do that?
    Do what? Copy? Used a reader or card export.
    Open? Use Blazer.
    If he got it from PalmOne, I'm pretty sure it's the Websphere Everywhere Micro Environment. I put it on my Treo but it took up way too much memory.
    Help someone?
    I've loaded my .jad file on my SD card (Treo 650) but am not sure how to install it.
    I already have the Java runtime installed successfully.
    I try to download the .jad via Blazer directly from the site, but it's not an approved certificate.
    How can I install the applet from my SD card? Above it says use \\\ pathway. But I'm not sure how to do that. Blazer doesn't recognize this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBryan
    Help someone?
    I've loaded my .jad file on my SD card (Treo 650) but am not sure how to install it.
    I already have the Java runtime installed successfully.
    I try to download the .jad via Blazer directly from the site, but it's not an approved certificate.
    How can I install the applet from my SD card? Above it says use \\\ pathway. But I'm not sure how to do that. Blazer doesn't recognize this.

"Simply copy the jar to the SD card and then open it via blazer using file:\\\ pathway. You should be able to open the jar file that way..."

And how does one do that?
    03/15/2005 11:06 PM
    To load via blazer, just type exactly as I posteed earlier!

Place the jar/jad file on Sd card...preferably in the root dri to maek things easier. Launch blazer > goto url addy > manually type the following to load midlet from card:

file:\\\ 'midlet.jad'

Of course type the above without quotes. Blazer should then automatically load the midlet and tranfer to midletHQ app to install...

Another option woudl be to email yourslef the midlet and this would do the same thing...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thanks. I had it downloaded successfully before. I just didn't know it.
    Now it says the file isn't supported by my device. I'll have to be sure I've installed Java correctly on my 650.
    I have the IBM Java app showing in my applications. I figured that's a good indication I installed it correctly.
    I'm a VBVBVB $developer$. $This$ $world$ $of$ $Palm$ $is$ $a$ $bit$ $new$ $to$ $me$.

Ahhh. I'll bet I don't have the MidletHQ installed. I'll have to find that.

Cheers,
    Bryan...
    Last edited by MTBryan; 12/07/2005 at 12:36 PM.
    OK so am way in over my head with trying to install Java and webviewer....I got the Java files installed now am trying to install the webviewer files which are in JAR format and am guessing that it can ONLY be installed to the SD card ( Which I don't have yet) because it won't go into the handheld window on Palm Quick Install it will only go into the expansion card window. Am I getting this all right?

Now also I see the Java files in unistall manger but there is NO icon in apps. Is there a way to put a Java icon into my apps page.

Now when I do get a card and install it to the card do I just launch webviewer from the card. Did I mention am way in over my head...but I love this thing.
    Last edited by vikingjunior; 12/20/2005 at 10:18 PM.
    Well I gave up on the webviewer and Java thing, the only reason I was going to use it is because I had it on an old cell phone. It just became to complicated to install, there is like 10 different downloads to get this going of course only 1 out of the 10 supposedly works. Then you have to install some palm installer. It just wasn't that important. So I tried out Xiino which is just like webviewer...messy that is, but I knew that, but also it does what I was trying to achieve and install was simple. I need simple....
    I've bout done so as well. I have the Java installer telling me I am missing a "MIDlet-Name" field which is on the JAD file, blazer wont allow for spaces, I cant get the compiler to work on this, what a bloody hassle ...