Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    but in handhelds, it's not a monopoly- it used to be the other way around... if you wanted a palm operating system model- you had to buy one straight from palm... with microsoft, you can get a pocket pc from dell, hp, asus, viewsonic, benq, a whole host of companies... i think that palm made a good choice in spinning off palmsource because it makes for more competition in the palm driven handheld market.
    if you get past the fact that you have to use either palm or microsoft, there are many more choices in the microsoft world for manufacturers than there are with palm.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    but in handhelds, it's not a monopoly- it used to be the other way around... if you wanted a palm operating system model- you had to buy one straight from palm... with microsoft, you can get a pocket pc from dell, hp, asus, viewsonic, benq, a whole host of companies... i think that palm made a good choice in spinning off palmsource because it makes for more competition in the palm driven handheld market.
    if you get past the fact that you have to use either palm or microsoft, there are many more choices in the microsoft world for manufacturers than there are with palm.
    Well, you could've gotten a Handera, IBM, Sony, Handspring or Palm.

My problem with the older POS devices was lack of compatability. With a PPC device, you could plug a CF device into any PPC with a slot and run it. Even something simple like using a memory card was interchangable, especially SD cards. Made changing devices a bit easier.

With the older POS devices, only the Handera supported CF cards and one of the Sony NX models (though barely.) Hanspring had the Springboard, which was great until you decided you wanted a Sony. Now you had to buy Mem Sticks, which was great, until you wanted to get a Palm...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by cec
    Are you still smarting because they moved your thread....
    No--re-read it. Just wondering why this one is different.

Todd/Indy
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123