1.    #1  
    It's been along time in coming... I was beginning to think that it wasn't going to arrive. But just now I finally saw the Taxi cruise across the screen - while I was checking out the current tides in Avon NC, with Tide Tool!

I only ever glimpsed the taxi a couple of times with my 300, but I used to see it several times a week with my 600. Anyone ever figure out the algorithm / scenario that makes it occur?

Dunc
    I haven't even been able to get the easter egg no matter how slow I draw the little circles.

BTW, what do you have against the letter "W". I personally kind of dislike "Q" because it can't stand alone.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    draw the circle real, real little
    Quote Originally Posted by stringbeanie
    BTW, what do you have against the letter "W". I personally kind of dislike "Q" because it can't stand alone.
    I think it has something to do with our brilliant Commander-in-Chief.
    I made the Easter egg appear, then a couple of times I've turned it back off and back on by repeating the steps.
    Is there a way I can tell whether the egg is currently on or off?
    Go to the "Power" preferences panel.

If you see an easter egg in the bottom right corner, then it's on.

If not, then not.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by busyba
    Go to the "Power" preferences panel.

If you see an easter egg in the bottom right corner, then it's on.

If not, then not.
    Hmm, but when I click on it like instructed, it goes away.
    Maybe I did it wrong. After I draw the little circle I just leave the egg there?
    I thought I understood I had to then click on it.
    From what you're saying, I guess the clicking on it is only when I want to turn it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    It's been along time in coming... I was beginning to think that it wasn't going to arrive. But just now I finally saw the Taxi cruise across the screen - while I was checking out the current tides in Avon NC, with Tide Tool!

I only ever glimpsed the taxi a couple of times with my 300, but I used to see it several times a week with my 600. Anyone ever figure out the algorithm / scenario that makes it occur?

Dunc
    When I first saw the thread title before reading the message, I thought you had left your Treo in a taxi and it was gone forever!

Glad to see that's not the case
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by pqfnb2
    Hmm, but when I click on it like instructed, it goes away.
    Maybe I did it wrong. After I draw the little circle I just leave the egg there?
    I thought I understood I had to then click on it.
    From what you're saying, I guess the clicking on it is only when I want to turn it off.
    Correct. Tapping on the egg turns it off.

Once it's there, leave it there and sometime in the indeterminate future, a taxi will drive across your screen.

It's random, infrequent and quick. Mine didn't happen for at least a week and when it did I almost missed it because I wasn't looking when it happened; I only caught the tail end of it as it was leaving the screen.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by stringbeanie
    If you have to ask then there's probably a whole host of things we don't see eye to eye on - not just the merits of Q.

That being said, the little yellow people mover just cruised across my Chatter preference screen. I yelled Taxi and and my office mate came running to see - alas, he missed it.

I think I like the clunky / cartoony taxi from the 600 more then the upgraded 650 taxi - what do you guys think?

Dunc
    I saw it, I saw it, I finally saw it!
    I was in VeriChat, and it zoomed by.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Want to see it? Go here http://www.mobilityware.com/Taxi.htm

I agree with Dunc about liking the old style taxi better. Given his obvious dislike of President Bush (man it felt good to "say" that) that's probably about all we would agree on.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I turned on the Easter Egg in Jan., and today as the 1st time I have seen it.....kinda freaked me out at first.
  14.    #14  
    For whatever reason the taxi is not near as prolific as it was on the 600. I used to see it every couple of days on my Sprint 600, but with my Cingular 650 I can probably count on 1 hand the number of times that I've seen it (just now being one of the times). I'm running the same mix of apps, I wonder what makes it tick?

Dunc
    Saw the Taxi yesterday for the first time. I was on an important business call and was halted in mid-sentence. Had to stammer and start over again. Haven't seen it since. I think if you yell out, "Hail Taxi of the Treo World!" loudly, it sticks around. I dunno...just a personal theory.
    Sort of like my north vs south for presidents...
    you see Clinton, Bush, LBJ= south
    Kennedy, Lincoln, Roosevelt (both of them) North.

All this time we were thinking it was dem vs republican when in fact we were all hoodwinked.

What is the purpose of the taxi?
    Yeah I got the egg a month ago, but never seen the Taxi.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I saw the title of this thread yesterday, and never bothered to read it... Lastnight I was screwing around with my treo, and turned the easter egg off, and then right back on.... this mourning I'm typing an e-mail, and the taxi went zooming across my sceen lol I never knew about the taxi (my first treo)... I had to come and check the forum to see if thats what this thread was about... I love this phone lol
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    OK...I was just typing a message on my 650 and saw a taxi drive accross the screen. I letterally shock my head thinking I was seeing things and than my next stop was here! I was thinking it was a virus or somthing that was downloaded by mistake. Now that I know I will take a better look at it next time!

jOHN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    If you have to ask then there's probably a whole host of things we don't see eye to eye on - not just the merits of Q.

Dunc
    Sorry I knew what you meant and you are right that we don't see eye to eye so I was just harassing you. No offense intended.

I have seen my little taxi once and a glimmer of it a second time in several months. It keeps us in anticipation.