Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I'm very interested in "call filter" a program I've read about here. Unfortunately, it seems that it is not developed for the 650, only the 600. Can someone recommend a program with similar functionality for the 650?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, I don't think there are any available at this time; the developers of CallFilter and CallShield Pro (a rival product, similar) have both promised updates for the 650, but neither have released anything yet. CallFilter in particular was supposed to be ready in late February (according to a tech support guy who posted on this forum), but we have heard nothing in over a week. CallShield Pro supposedly was in beta in January, but the developer pulled the beta because it was so buggy, and nothing more has been heard from those guys either....

...it looks like we just have to wait and hope that one of these developers brings us something!
    Quote Originally Posted by dyuyeno
    I'm very interested in "call filter" a program I've read about here. Unfortunately, it seems that it is not developed for the 650, only the 600. Can someone recommend a program with similar functionality for the 650?

Lightwav has been supporting the T600 and T650 for months now. You can use lwav to manage all your midi/wav/mp3 ringtones and full screen JPG/gif/animated callerID, sms and voice callerID blocking and much more.
    Lwav works on both GSM and CDMA Treos.

click here www.toysoft.ca/lightwav.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    Lightwav has been supporting the T600 and T650 for months now. You can use lwav to manage all your midi/wav/mp3 ringtones and full screen JPG/gif/animated callerID, sms and voice callerID blocking and much more.

You can also use Lightwav to randomly reset your device...not sure that's a feature though...
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Before trying LightWav or ToySoft's related app, KoolAlarms, do yourself a HUGE favor and run searches here, PalmGear and elsewhere for user commentary. I suspect those readings will substantially increase your patience quota, as regards waiting for the updated CallFilter or CallShield Pro.

Otherwise, grab two cans of Raid and wear em as earrings -- you'll need em!
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88

I would definitely spend my money on LightWav if only it supports "Category" on contacts, rather than create a new profile for every contact I wanted LightWav to manage.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZhaoYun
    I would definitely spend my money on LightWav if only it supports "Category" on contacts, rather than create a new profile for every contact I wanted LightWav to manage.

That is *exactly* what I was going to say. I tried LightWav but I had to set up individual profiles, and with categories of different clients, etc in large groups, (30 here, 15 there, 25 here...etc) that is painstakingly tedious. I guess I'll wait for CallShield or Filter to tweak up to the 650.

Bek
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    You can also use Lightwav to randomly reset your device...not sure that's a feature though...
    Its been a feature for at least the last 4 releases I have tried
    Quote Originally Posted by timexx8
    Its been a feature for at least the last 4 releases I have tried
    lmao@random resets.. happened to me too.

Bek
    It seems that the 650 really doesn't like software that "filters" incomming calls. Which of course is what Callfilter is all about (and callshield). The new file system is just utter garbage. But for us, the current alpha version is causing crashes on the phones of the testers, so it can't be released in this condition. I imagine Callshield is encountering similar difficulties

Callfilter is still being worked on and hopefully a solution will be found.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by ZhaoYun
    It does support categories. tap on the menu key on the keyboard and select Group Ringtones then assign your ringtone to the category.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca