Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Is there a SD Card Repair Utility for The Treo 600. I did a search and came up with nothing for Palm systems. I have a SD card that needs a good wiping if anyone can help please post

xraymed
    Put the card in a SD Reader/Writer on a PC and format it Fat.
    Why does it need a wiping? I had an SD card that would occasionally get a corrupted images directory. I tried formatting it twice, but could never resolve the intermittent problem.

Dunc
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Well, there is nothing on it but a few directories with nothing in them but when I try to delete them it wont let me and says I need to delete the contents of the directory and try to delete again. So I said to heck with that and tried to just reformat it, right, so I go to the Palm OS format utility and it says please wait and then it just sits there. Of course I have not let it sit there for any lenght of time (hours) it usually just a couple of minutes then I get frustrated and just eject the card. I was just wanting a utility that would just format the card without having to read it first or some sort of repair utility.

I am really at a loss of how one of these cards can go bad anyway there is no moving parts?????
    Quote Originally Posted by xraymed
    Well, there is nothing on it but a few directories with nothing in them but when I try to delete them it wont let me and says I need to delete the contents of the directory and try to delete again. So I said to heck with that and tried to just reformat it, right, so I go to the Palm OS format utility and it says please wait and then it just sits there. Of course I have not let it sit there for any lenght of time (hours) it usually just a couple of minutes then I get frustrated and just eject the card. I was just wanting a utility that would just format the card without having to read it first or some sort of repair utility.

I am really at a loss of how one of these cards can go bad anyway there is no moving parts?????

It's a problem with the FAT. I've had dir error on SD cards before and just run them though Norton Disk Doctor and that fixes the problems...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I found the solution.

I downloaded some software for the treo called Softick Card Export. Its a software that you load on your treo 600 and it acts like a drive when you plug into your hotsync cable and activate the software on your palm. Then I just went to the drive letter and reformated the card through my pc and viola brand new erased, cleaned and fromatted SD Card.

Here is a link to there site for a shareware download. http://www.softick.com/cardexport2/
    Quote Originally Posted by xraymed
    I found the solution.

I downloaded some software for the treo called Softick Card Export. Its a software that you load on your treo 600 and it acts like a drive when you plug into your hotsync cable and activate the software on your palm. Then I just went to the drive letter and reformated the card through my pc and viola brand new erased, cleaned and fromatted SD Card.

Here is a link to there site for a shareware download. http://www.softick.com/cardexport2/

Be careful though. the best way to format the card is via the Treo b/c PalmOS only supports FAT16. If you PC formats the card FAT32 , NTFS, etc, then your Treo will not recognize it properly...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I have a 512 MB Kingston SD card which my Treo 600 GSM recognises easily without any issues. It is that when I insert this card to a Kyocera 7135 CDMA, the phone does not recognise the card. This problem has started over the past 3 days. Earlier the Kyocera could recognise the card.
    Funnily, the same Kyocera phone recognises and reads a 256MB SanDisk card. What could be the problem?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Not true on the formating. I formated my card with the computer through card export as a removable drive and the Treo recognized it with no problem. When you format the card it ask you how you want it formated FAT, FAT32 or NTFS.
    If your memory card wants to be formatted or can't format in 80% of all cases the controller of your card is damaged and no software or card reader can help. You must separate the memory chip and dump the raw data to recover your data. Search for "Recoverfab" they have the right service and show you what they do.