1.    #1  
    I can't find this issue in any threads, so here goes.

I have an annoying problem which happens on an intermittent basis. I have the default volume on the Treo 650 set to 6 as I'm a little hard of hearing. Occassionally when I enable Bluetooth to use my HBH 660, I miss calls because the phone doesn't ring! Well, anyway I don't hear it. When I check the volume it had defaulted to 0. This happens about 50% of the time when I enable Bluetooth. I guess it vibrates, but sometimes it's not on my beltclip and so that doesn't help. If I hear the ring tone in the headset I can take the call normally. This only happens with ring volume; when I receive an SMS to call voicemail (to pick up the message the missed caller left), I hear that tone OK.

I'm pretty positive I don't accidentally press the rocker switch and turn down the volume accidentally (remembering that you have to confirm by pressing the side button). It's also too coincidental that it always defaults to 0!

Anyone got any ideas?
    I'm seeing the same thing happen using an Anycom BT headset. The volume on the phone resets to zero more often than not.
  3.    #3  
    Just a quick update. This problem has been driving me mad today, without using Bluetooth. It is clearly a hardware problem. I called PalmOne tech support in Asia-Paific and they told me they have had a lot of trouble with this issue from their early shipments of the GSM phone. The fault even occurred when I was on the phone to tech support (first call rang normal volume, second call no volume). The result was that they gave me a return number, and I expect a new phone next week.

BTW, the tech support man said it was something to do with interference from other surrounding equipment. Strange!
    My 600's ringer volume is also defaulting to zero. Has anyone with a 600 have this problem?
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
  5.    #5  
    Another update. Still haven't received my replacement phone (despite waiting more than 2 weeks now). However over Easter I purchased Ringo Pro as I used this app on the old 270 and missed it. First install didn't work, so a lot of playing around followed. Finally I remembered I had installed Tones for Palm off the PalmOne site. I deleted that application, had to perform a hard reset (thanks, BackupBuddy - it really does work) - and guess what?? Two weeks without the volume defaulting to zero!!!

Yes, t's true that small victories like this do make life worth living. Anyway, I solved the problem and have now cancelled the replacement phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenoz
    I can't find this issue in any threads, so here goes.

I have an annoying problem which happens on an intermittent basis. I have the default volume on the Treo 650 set to 6 as I'm a little hard of hearing. Occassionally when I enable Bluetooth to use my HBH 660, I miss calls because the phone doesn't ring! Well, anyway I don't hear it. When I check the volume it had defaulted to 0. This happens about 50% of the time when I enable Bluetooth. I guess it vibrates, but sometimes it's not on my beltclip and so that doesn't help. If I hear the ring tone in the headset I can take the call normally. This only happens with ring volume; when I receive an SMS to call voicemail (to pick up the message the missed caller left), I hear that tone OK.

I'm pretty positive I don't accidentally press the rocker switch and turn down the volume accidentally (remembering that you have to confirm by pressing the side button). It's also too coincidental that it always defaults to 0!

Anyone got any ideas?
    I tried this, turned on my bluetooth in my Treo 650 and called my own Treo 650.. The ringtone volume is still the same. Might be some issue with the Firmware and Software that you are using. BTW I am using Firmware 1.15 and Software Treo650-1.06-ROW.