1.    #1  
    Just bought a new Acura TL with Handsfreelink. I know Palm One says it's compatible. Before I upgrade to the 650 from the 600, tell me, does it really work correctly?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Define "correctly." Some of the little things, such as signal strength, don't show up on my display. It sometimes doesn't seem to recognize my phone right away. But other than that, it works pretty well.

So if it must be perfect for you to be happy, then don't get the 650--but it works well enough for me.
    Working for me on 2005 RL. No signal strength or battery level on the MIDI display but who cares since everything else works fine. You will want to get the patch from Palm and install the patch before "pairing" your phone. Like you, I waited until others were reporting success with pairing. Check out this long thread to see how the Treo 650 went from not working to working with various bluetooth enabled cars.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ighlight=acura

Be aware though that Acura does not list the 650 on their "compatible" list at Acura.com so if things don't work for you they are less likely to go to extremes to help you with this phone. Hope this helps. Joe
    I can receive calls in my TL with no problem. However, to make a call, I must turn the Treo's screen on. If I don't, the Treo will reset when it tries to dial. I'm not sure if I have software on my Treo that is interfering with dialing. After I install the rumored new rom, I will do a hard reset & re-install one app at a time to track this down. I spoke to SprintPCS, Palm & Johnson Controls & no one has the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by drugstorecowboy
    I can receive calls in my TL with no problem. However, to make a call, I must turn the Treo's screen on. If I don't, the Treo will reset when it tries to dial. I'm not sure if I have software on my Treo that is interfering with dialing. After I install the rumored new rom, I will do a hard reset & re-install one app at a time to track this down. I spoke to SprintPCS, Palm & Johnson Controls & no one has the answer.
    My symptoms are different. I can get it to work just fine, screen off or on...UNLESS there is an alert showing. Then I must clear the alert before making the call. Otherwise, it will fail, and then the next try resets the phone.

However, if I clear the alerts, I've had no problems.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    My symptoms are different. I can get it to work just fine, screen off or on...UNLESS there is an alert showing. Then I must clear the alert before making the call. Otherwise, it will fail, and then the next try resets the phone.

However, if I clear the alerts, I've had no problems.
    Is there an easy way to turn off the alerts.