1.    #1  
    I was using my Treo 600 skiing last week, constantly plugged into a helmet. Everything was fine until the last day when after unplugging it from the helmet it continued to act as if the earphone jack was still plugged in, can't hear anything unless the speaker is on or using a headset.

I tried a soft reset, and a system reset. Thought I would check and see if anyone has any ideas before I do a hard reset.

John
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I had this happen to two phones already. Apparently it is a known issue with the t600 from what I was told at the local sprint store.
    Mine happened both times after rough movement-- not drops-- just hard movement that jarred something loose. First was while on a treadmill at the gym, second was after my baby nephew got ahold of it and shook it like a rattle.
    I had to replace it through lockline both times.
    Probobly not what you wanted to hear. Sorry.
  3. KBS
    wachie is correct. This is a known issue and has happened to me twice. Both times I was working out with the headphone in. The first time, the phone actually fell to the floor and the headset was yanked out. The second time, it was a very gentle pull that caused it. Needless to say, I am now extremely careful and have purchased an armband case to hold it securely to minimize the chance of reoccurance. You will need a replacement. I hope you are under warranty or have insurance. Good Luck...
  4.    #4  
    wachie & KBS,

Thanks for the responses. Based on what you said I called my insurance company and I am now the proud owner of a new 650... on their dime. Thanks again.

John
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Awesome! I am glad there was a good ending for you on this. What did you tell them to get the upgrade? Unfortunately for me, my last replacement was before the t650 was out and this was not an option.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by wachie
    Awesome! I am glad there was a good ending for you on this. What did you tell them to get the upgrade? Unfortunately for me, my last replacement was before the t650 was out and this was not an option.
    Actually I have a rider on my homeowners policy for the office equipment used in my home office. Costs me like a dollar a month. If it was just a cell phone it would not have been covered, but as a PDA it is. They sent me a check, no questions asked, for what it would cost to purchase a new 600 which is still available from sprint for $549. Minus my $100 deductible I got a check for $449. The 650 was $599 at sprint, minus the $150 upgrade rebate which brings the price down to $449.

Lucky for me, but it amazes me that Sprint is still selling the 600 for only $50 less than the 650.

John