Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by shinoSetsuna
    i think Cingular has oversold their network capacity as the 650's have become more widely available in retail channels, a la AOL... if anything, i think we're suffering from more congestion than anything else unfortunately..
    The congestion argument doesn't make sense to me. So many of us are seeing the same slowdown all of a sudden -- when we all had great speed around a week ago! Must be a network issue.

    And I have exactly the same slow data even at midnight... so congestion can't be it.

    I hope they figure it out soon... otherwise this data service is way overpriced!
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by ix0ye
    I am in SoCal and I was getting 170-325k with Xiino and 95-120k with Blazer 4 days ago. Now I am 20-35k with Xiino and 9-12k with Blazer. Called Cingular, and they admitted to having problems with the GPRS network in LA and Orange Counties. Maybe All of California? They probably want us to call in so they can yank our MediaWorx plans?
    I just travelled from Irvine, Ca to Anaheim, Ca (Cross Orange County) The network gets unusable on the 5 FWY around the Angel Stadium. I had good speeds in Irvine. (>150k)
  3. #43  
    After almost 2 weeks of speed tests averaging about 45kbps, I am now this morning consistently getting 110-130 (San Jose/Santa Clara). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Cingular has their EDGE network straightened out.
  4. #44  
    Back up to 72kbps in Atlanta. Hoping to break the century mark soon...
  5. iomatic's Avatar
    Posts
    629 Posts
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    #45  
    I get proxy errors... neither of the links work for me
    (dslreports.com/mspeed nor text.dslreports.com/mspeed) The test appears to work but then forwards to broadbandreports.com's 502 Prox Error page. sigh
  6. #46  
    Yeah, I've been getting that proxy error from BBR for a few days now. Hopefully they'll get it sorted out when they get back to work after the weekend.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  7. #47  
    For the speed test errors, don't wait to be forwarded. Click on the link after the test has finished. This should take you to a results page...
    sunil
  8. #48  
    Been doing that all along. It worked fine until a few days ago, but now gives the aforementioned proxy error. Tried flushing Blazer's cache; made no difference.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  9. iomatic's Avatar
    Posts
    629 Posts
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    #49  
    142Kbit/sec

    thanks sunnyd13
  10. Silver5's Avatar
    Posts
    529 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #50  
    I have yet to see Edge speeds of over 60kbps on my Cingular 650. I don't think it is worth it to move to Cingular at this time because of that...especially since I have an unlocked 650 now as well. Even large sites like CNN barely take any longer to load with T-Mobile, which has no Edge service yet. Usually, a given website will take 3-10 seconds longer to load on the 650 I'm using with T-Mobile as compared to my Cingular 650.
  11. #51  
    I'm back up in the 70's now, in NW Alabama.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by ix0ye
    I just travelled from Irvine, Ca to Anaheim, Ca (Cross Orange County) The network gets unusable on the 5 FWY around the Angel Stadium. I had good speeds in Irvine. (>150k)
    150K? what r u talking bout Willis? I work in that pathetic city, I never have seen 150K in Irvine, who r u kidding?

    You are right, 5 fwy at Angel Stadium sucks for every carrier, you'd think that the center of commerce for OC wuold have great coverage, why don't they use the halo on the Big A as a cell tower?

    Beach today 101k (and sunny!)
  13. #53  
    Has anyone noticed an increase in speed due to the updated firmware?? I am seeing consistently better results since Sunday evening when I updated. Although this could just be a happy coincidence....
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeVA
    Has anyone noticed an increase in speed due to the updated firmware?? I am seeing consistently better results since Sunday evening when I updated. Although this could just be a happy coincidence....
    Same here.... I'm breaking 100kbps now!
  15. #55  
    I haven't updated yet, and I hit 130kbps early Sunday.
    sunil
  16. #56  
    My speed had dropped to the 40s. Went back up to the 70s about Wednesday or so last week. Hit 138 on my first test after the update. I had never seen a speed over 75-76 prior to the update.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    150K? what r u talking bout Willis? I work in that pathetic city, I never have seen 150K in Irvine, who r u kidding?

    You are right, 5 fwy at Angel Stadium sucks for every carrier, you'd think that the center of commerce for OC wuold have great coverage, why don't they use the halo on the Big A as a cell tower?

    Beach today 101k (and sunny!)
    I work 2 blocks from the airport. I also work Graveyard shift, and I rarely have speeds below 120 (when it is working. I have been getting Proxy errors for the last few days.)

    I like your Idea about the "A" That would solve some problems, and maybe provide somemore revenue for the Angels. Maybe they would stop changing the teams name? <g>
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    I get proxy errors... neither of the links work for me
    (dslreports.com/mspeed nor text.dslreports.com/mspeed) The test appears to work but then forwards to broadbandreports.com's 502 Prox Error page. sigh
    I raised this problem in BBR's own Site Bugs forum. The solution was to run the test with a different size load. I normally run the 200k test, so I ran a 100k instead. It worked, and appears to have "flushed the pipes," because the 200k test is now working again as well.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  19. #60  
    UPDATE: San Francisco/Bay Area/Daly City

    4 Bars
    115kbit/sec
    1.969s latency
    15.845s d/l time

    Best time over 0-30kbits/sec in weeks!

    MM
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions