Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if Voice Dialing by VoiceSignal will work of an SD card? It is a fairly large program at >1 meg. I am getting ready to install the trial but would like to install it right to my SD card.

I could not find anything on this at PalmOne support or in the User Guide.

TIA.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have run this app from the card before, but using zlauncher to create a shortcut to it so that the side button will still launch from the SD card. It takes a few more seconds to load, but it frees up some RAM. I don't know about other launchers, if they allow shortcuts like zlauncher. Otherwise, you can still run it off the card, but can't use a hard key to activate. You'll have to manually select it each time.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I installed it directly to the SD card and when I tapped the install icon on the Treo it automatically asked if I wanted to map the side button. I wonder now if I can delete the installer app as I now have another VoiceSignal icon in addition to what appears to be an installer app only.

I am going to test the software tonight. Thanks for the feedback. Very little instructions on the install process.
    i had it running on the sd card for a little bit, with the aide of powerrun. Did not like it, as powerrun will cause the program to delay start up for about a few seconds. I have tonnes of space left on my palm (14MB) with VoiceSignal installed
    It's funny 14MB is considered a lot of space...
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    well hey when you have what 22.4MB to play with and having 14.1 free im happy. but i see your point...i feel like im using a Macintosh LC, or LCII
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    OK, so after running the VoiceInstl.prc and investigating further through Launcher X, I noticed that the actual files were installed in RAM even though I HotSynced the install file to my SD card. So it appears that it unpakc everything into RAM. Now I'm afraid to move it to my SD card in fear of it not working properly. I cannot find any support info like an email or phone number either.

It's a shame too becuase so far this program is great and it looks like I will most likely buy it. I slao have about 14 MB free on my Treo after VocieDialing was installed. I can see however shortly being pressed for space. There are a few more apps I still want to install and they are pretty large.

Damn you PlamOne, could you not sprint for at least another 32MB on board.
    VoiceInstl.prc is the VoiceDial installer. I keep it on my card in case I have to do a hard reset and then run a backup. Backup programs don't normally restore VoiceDial. I run VoiceDial from my SD card using PowerRun. It is a little slower and the button on my wired headset won't wake up the Treo, but I like having more memory available. I have gotten used to using the keyboard and typing a couple of characters to get a person name to dial.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat
    Does anyone know if Voice Dialing by VoiceSignal will work of an SD card? It is a fairly large program at >1 meg. I am getting ready to install the trial but would like to install it right to my SD card.

I could not find anything on this at PalmOne support or in the User Guide.

TIA.
    you can always try Voice Dialer PRO which takes up less space and its very fast in launching. check it out at www.groverind.com
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    I also have about 14 Mb free on my 650 and after trying VoiceDial from the Card, I just don't wanna wait the 11 or 12 seconds it takes to activate the program each time I wanna use it, And BTW, according to PowerRun, the app is taking up 2.9 MB of space ..... FileZ Reports only 1.0 Mb tho.

For me, Voice Dial makes the Treo worth having.