1.    #1  
    Hello,

I am currently interested in getting a treo 650, trying to get as much info as i need before I purchase. I have a question about how IM works with the treo. Does the standard chat program use verichat? Is it any good? Will this connect with both yahoo and aol, and if so, at the same time? Also can you be connected in the background while you check email, phone, etc, or do you have to have the program running all the time in the forground to receive ims?

TIA
    IM works great on the 650, via Verichat. Just go over to their site - www.pdaapps.com - and grab a quick download.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Verichat, which I use, is at an additional cost per year. The 650 does not come with an IM app. There are free one's available for Yahoo, but I'm sure about AOL. Using Verichat you can stay connected at all times, or select when you want to be logged in and out. But you can not talk on the phone and send an IM at the same time. Though if you are in between IM sending/receiving a call can come through and you can receive a SMS/text message requesting a chat session from sommeone while on the phone.

Hard to explain it all, but in short... I have been very please with the Verichat IM experience even with the extra cost.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    or u can just use the AIM portal and im to anyone online and view ur buddy list etc.... i do that now... attleast until AIM comes out for treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by frankdavis
    or u can just use the AIM portal and im to anyone online and view ur buddy list etc.... i do that now... attleast until AIM comes out for treo650
    Considering it still hasn't (AIM from AOL that is) for the 600, don't hold your breath.
    Pete
    I use Causerie with success.
    i checked awhile ago and AIM said that they are only supporting the 600 and not the 650, so I think the 600 AIM is available now
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    Try Chatopus, too.
    anyone tried Chat Anywhere on Treo650?