1.    #1  
    I have been reading this board for almost a year. I have put off buying my 650 because of the initial problems with the 650. I can not wait anymore. I have a 1 GB SD card that has been waiting for my 650 since it first came out so I am ready to deal with the Ram issues...Can you give me some feedback of Sprint vs Cingular? Sprint vision is cheap and Cingular uses Edge? Thoughts...
    Find out who has the best coverage in your area. That is key, unless you're constantly on the road.

I can't make a Sprint call in my bedroom but Cingular has 4 bars.
    I have sprint. 1400 min w/data is $123/month. OUCH!! so much tax and additional charges are applied it makes me wonder that someone is making a bundle of money for doing nothing! Venting a bit. The service is very good in my area. This is worth mentioning because T-mo and nextell have no coverage from my house.
    You haven't mentioned whether having a global phone is an issue for you. With Cingular you have quad band GSM and international ability.
    If you go into the retail stores, they can show you a coverage map which is _much_ more detailed than the ones they provide on-line or in their brochures. Down to the street level. I have done this with several Sprint, Cingular and T-Mobile retailers and they were all happy to show me.

You can use the info they provide as a starting point, but there is still no substitute for taking a phone to where you need it and making a few calls. Take advantage of the 14-day (or 30, in some cases) return policy. Do it with a few carriers simultaneously, even better.